PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Newbie

Dianne
04-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi, my name is Dianne and I'm from Libery Center, OH. I was just recently diagnosed with WG...and am thankful to have found this forum. It has such a wealth of information and has really helped to answer questions that I have had since being diagnosed.

I look forward to being a part of this group and hopefully to contributing to it as well.

Sangye
04-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Hi Dianne, nice to meet you. It's great that you found our group soon after diagnosis. This is a wonderful group of people who will give you lots of useful info and support. Feel free to ask any questions or discuss whatever is on your mind. :smile1:

Since you're in Ohio I hope you're going to Cleveland Clinic for your care. Here's a thread that will help you starting out:
http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/general-wg-chat/986-what-newly-diagnosed-need-know.html

Psyborg
04-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm from Delaware (just north of Columbus) and I'll echo what Sangye said...definitely try to get into the Cleveland Clinic. The drive can be a drag, but they really know this disease.

Chris G
04-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Welcome Diane. This is a great group for support and information. Feel free to share your experiences, ask questions or just blow off steam when you need to.

Dianne
04-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Thank you, Sanjye. As of yet, I'm not going to Cleveland Clinic, but am definitely checking into it.

Dianne
04-16-2011, 01:23 AM
Thanks, Chris. It's wonderful to know that I have such a great group of people to lean on for support!

Dianne
04-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Thank you, Bob...definitely checking into Cleveland Clinic!

NicShaf
04-16-2011, 01:30 AM
Dianne,
Welcome to the group!

Dianne
04-16-2011, 01:55 AM
Thank you, Nicole!

maria garcia
05-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Welcome, what where your symptoms that made your doctors decide you have Wegeners?

Dianne
05-25-2011, 04:04 AM
I've dealt with sinusitis and sinus infections for years. In December of last year I started having problems with my joints and muscles hurting everywhere. The diagnosis (finally!) came in March after suffering a posterior nose bleed on my way to work one morning. Between the time I pulled over and called 911 and them getting there, I had lost nearly half my blood and was in hypertensive crisis (my bp was 260/200). After nearly four days in the hospital, they still couldn't figure out what had caused everything to happen. I had follow-up appointments with the ENT who saw me in the hospital and the first thing she told me was that it looked like a bomb had gone off in my nose. ShShe mentioned Wegener's, my 'saddle nose' told me that she was going to do a biopsy and see if it would show anything. A week later I was diagnosed and started treatment.