PDA

View Full Version : testicle-concerns

Gator
04-10-2011, 04:46 PM
I need to see a urologist, I was told, bc I wanted to check for testicular cancer (bumps?) as well as to see why one is hanging an inch or 2 too high and is concerning bc it won't move further away (heat or cold, activity or sedentary).

This all started happening near the end of using the cytoxins in January 2011. Has this happened to anyone? Is the urologist the right type of Dr I should see? Would explaining WG or cytoxin use to the urologist help? They could have been tied up too, ouch... I mean it could be many things or nothing. My roommate in college had to have his surgically untangled as a kid and maybe that freaks me out here, haha. I'd say it's a little embarrassing but more concerning.

There was not one result for testicles on this site. Now there is.

Jack
04-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Nothing to be embarrassed about, you get immune from that sort of reaction after a while!

I can't give you much advice other than to say that you are doing the right thing in getting it investigated if you are unsure. My only experience to relate is that following abdominal surgery I had a swollen testicle, but it was decided that this was due to a collection of fluid. It was monitored and went away in time.

Hope it turns out to be nothing of concern.

Gator
04-13-2011, 06:24 PM
I didn't feel any lumps but still want to get it checked out bc it is riding up too high (always the right one, right?). But a urologist? To me that sounds strange since it isn't a urethra type problem... :?

Jack
04-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Wikipedia says -

Urology (from Greek (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_language) οὖρον (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CE%BF%E1%BD%96%CF%81%CE%BF%CE%BD) - oûron, "urine" and -λογία, -logia (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/-logia) "study of") is the medical and surgical speciality that focuses on the urinary tracts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urinary_tract) of males and females, and on the reproductive system of males.

So it sounds like the right man.

elsawind
04-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Hi Gator
My husband had the same symptoms back in Sep. 2007. Lots of pain, had an ultrasound, the urologist put him on Cipro for 14 days and took another ultrasound. Had a second opinion at UCLA and all agreed that the testicle needed to be removed, since testicular cancer could not be ruled out. At the end of October he had a left orchiectomy and I'm going to copy for you the results of the biopsy:
Negative for tumor, GMS stain negative for
fungus, fluorostain negative for acid fast bacilli, granulomatous orchitis and epididymitis with
abscess formation and focal small vessel vasculitis, lesion involved rete testis with reactive
rete proliferations shown on keratin immunostain.
The case was sent to Dr. Jonathan I. Epstein, M.D. Urologic pathologist at Johns Hopkins
medical Center. Consultant’s comment: The findings in this case are most consistent with
either Wegner’s granulomatosis or collagen vascular disease, given the special stains.

He recouped really well from that surgery.
Good luck to you and I believe that you are right going to see an Urologist.
Elsa

drz
04-14-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi Gator
My husband had the same symptoms back in Sep. 2007. Lots of pain, had an ultrasound, the urologist put him on Cipro for 14 days and took another ultrasound. Had a second opinion at UCLA and all agreed that the testicle needed to be removed, since testicular cancer could not be ruled out. At the end of October he had a left orchiectomy and I'm going to copy for you the results of the biopsy:
Negative for tumor, GMS stain negative for
fungus, fluorostain negative for acid fast bacilli, granulomatous orchitis and epididymitis with
abscess formation and focal small vessel vasculitis, lesion involved rete testis with reactive
rete proliferations shown on keratin immunostain.
The case was sent to Dr. Jonathan I. Epstein, M.D. Urologic pathologist at Johns Hopkins
medical Center. Consultant’s comment: The findings in this case are most consistent with
either Wegner’s granulomatosis or collagen vascular disease, given the special stains.

He recouped really well from that surgery.
Good luck to you and I believe that you are right going to see an Urologist.
Elsa

If we had any doubts, vasculitis can attack any part of the body and create problems. Lucky for most of us that is has favorite parts like kidney, lungs, nasal area, ears, throat, but unfortunately it can hit anywhere as some people here have pointed out so we all need to be vigilant and report any physical changes since it could be the Wegener's disease on attack.