PDA

View Full Version : Nose bleed!!

Chris G
03-31-2011, 03:16 AM
I've had a cold since last Friday, and suddently my nose is buring and bleeding like crazy today. Can anyone tell me whether simply having a cold can aggrivate wegs, and CAUSE this sudden bleeding?

We've been steadily increasing my mtx since January. I haven't had a nose bleed since December (with the exception of a minor one about 2 weeks ago).

Jack
03-31-2011, 03:32 AM
It is always possible, but unless you are getting other symptoms as well I would just consider it to be one of those things. Are the bleeds controllable and just lasting a few minutes or are they more serious than that? I had very bad bleeds before diagnosis, but now my nose is just a bit sensitive and I get the occasional bleed just like the rest of the population.

Chris G
03-31-2011, 03:55 AM
The bleed lasted maybe 5 minutes, but produced more blood than any I've had before. I was driving to work, and had to pull over. Soaked many tissues, and have blood droplets on my pants (hiding behing my desk now!). I have gently felt around in my nose, and feel crusties on both sides. Surely the side that bled will cut loose again if I'm not careful. I believe the burning I felt last night created these bloody crusts. I thought bloody noses were behind me. I have no explanation other than to wonder whether the cold I have, has aggrivated things and caused this bleeding.

NicShaf
03-31-2011, 04:10 AM
I had a couple really bad nose bleeds prior to diagnosis, but after I was having Wegs symptoms, in other words, not for no reason...they were Wegs related. I haven't had any since I was diagnosed and put on Medication. I still see spots here and there when I clear my nose, but not gushing blood like you are describing. Have you contacted your ENT about it?

Chris G
03-31-2011, 04:22 AM
I left a message for my rheumy, cause the wegs is not completely controlled at present, and we have been increasing my meds lately. With the meds being on the rise, I didn't expect any more nose bleeds, since I hadn't had trouble with them in so long. My options are: the cold aggrivated the wegs and caused the bleed; OR, my meds are starting to fail. I'd like to say it's the first option, rather than failing meds.

DEE
03-31-2011, 04:59 AM
Chris nose bleeds a big issue when i was first dxt which was three years come March ,nose bleeds stopped but out of the blue had mega one three weeks ago and no more since the only thing different was the weather !! it was hotter :confused1:

NicShaf
03-31-2011, 05:00 AM
That's the hard thing with Wegs, most of the symptoms seem so ordinary, like a cold. Hopefully it is just the cold that is aggravating your nose, but it is better to be safe rather than sorry, I'm glad to hear you left a message for your rheumy.

Sangye
03-31-2011, 07:12 AM
ChrisG, it may be that the new mtx dose hasn't kicked in yet. I forgot when you started it. Mtx takes 1-2 months to fully kick in.

Chris G
03-31-2011, 07:19 AM
ChrisG, it may be that the new mtx dose hasn't kicked in yet. I forgot when you started it. Mtx takes 1-2 months to fully kick in.

Started in November, increased to 25mg mid January, then again to 30mg two weeks ago. Yes, I agree.......the last increase is probably not working yet, but even the 20 and 25mg doses had put a stop to nose bleeds .......or so I thought.

Sangye
03-31-2011, 07:32 AM
Yeah, too hard to tell at this point. I'm interested in what your rheumy will say.