PDA

View Full Version : Reclast - Bad reaction

Meredith
03-29-2011, 04:06 AM
:crying:Had my reclast treatment 2 weeks ago. Had the worst reaction my doctor had ever seen. Ended up in the hospital for 3 days. Knocked me out of remission (I think). Don't know if the leg cramps are coming from the Weg's or the reclast. Tired all the time. Now I have a sinus infection. Heading to the doctor this afternoon. I had been so well for so long. Now I have to have subglottal stenosis surgery next week and start Rituxan in 2 weeks. Dreading it. Wondered if anyone else had a bad reaction to reclast but is able to get the rituxan OK. Ready to hang it up today. I think my working days are short lived unless I start feeling better.

Sangye
03-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry! Do you actually have osteoporosis or is your doc using reclast out of fear that you will?

Why do you think you might have trouble getting rtx approved after having problems with reclast? They have nothing in common.

You might need to take some time off work and build up, especially if you're not in remission anymore. I hope you feel better soon and that the rtx does the trick. :smile1:

Meredith
03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
I have lost 10% of bone density in my hips/spine. Took Reclast to correct it. Now I will have to switch to something else next year. Just worried since I has such a reaction to Reclast if I will do the same with Rituxan.

Sangye
03-30-2011, 01:27 AM
I don't see why you would. They have nothing in common. You can have an allergic reaction to only one drug.