PDA

View Full Version : Andrew

andrew
05-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi there!
This is my site. It has been a long time in coming. I was inspired into action by Gwenllian who ran a support forum and asked if I'd take it over. God bless her - she finally got me to commit to building this thing!

I live in Canberra, Australia and was diagnosed with WG in March 2003. I guess all in all I've been very lucky. I'm able to work full time in the same profession as I was when I got sick. My family is very supportive. They tend to have to put the brakes on me from time to time as I tend to take on more than I should!

I have one wife, two dogs, a car and a mortgage. I'm happy to help anyone here so let me know if you need anything.

My story is in the 'Weggie's Stories" section if you want to have a read.

Gwenllian
05-20-2008, 04:05 AM
Hi!

Wow, I think the forum is great, well done!!! :)

I'm off to recruit some more Weggies...!:D

andrew
05-20-2008, 05:41 AM
Hi!

Wow, I think the forum is great, well done!!! :)

I'm off to recruit some more Weggies...!:D

Thanks! The more the merrier!!!

pberggren1
07-22-2010, 04:26 PM
I am wondering Andrew and Gwenllian if you two know one another in person. Are you also from Australia Gwenllian? What support group did you run before? Was it online?

andrew
07-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Gwenllian is in either Wales or Ireland or neither but definitely not Australia. I joined her online forum a couple of years back and gave her a hand with a couple of things. After a few months we decided that a new one should start. I forget the reasons why but I think in part it had to do with spam. Gwenllian is actually the 'singularity', to borrow a Star Trek term, that started the whole thing. Gwenllian, being a chick can probably remember it better than me :)

Sangye
07-22-2010, 11:22 PM
I love learning about our family tree. :D

JanW
07-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Sangye, you're back! We were worrying about you in other threads!

marta
07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
Three cheers for Andrew!!! Hip hip hurray! Hip hip hurray! Hip hip hurray! (oh wait, too much hip action with a bunch of people on prednasone... ;)

Seriously though, I've been meaning to do this for a while, and just found the perfect thread to put it on. Thanks Andrew. Really really THANKS! You're an a coding Rockstar.

andrew
07-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Seriously though, I've been meaning to do this for a while, and just found the perfect thread to put it on. Thanks Andrew. Really really THANKS! You're an a coding Rockstar.

Thenk ewe [blushes] :)