PDA

View Full Version : Weather and Weggies

Psyborg
03-11-2011, 05:33 AM
So...I was wondering if I'm the only one here. I felt absolutely fantastic last week when it was sunny and we were having slightly warmer than usual weather. This week it has turned cold and rainy again, and I've got some achy joints and am more tired than normal. I feel like the little old man on the TV shows complaining about his rheumatism :)

On the bright side sense going to 8mg of Pred I can sleep pretty normal again :p Actually sleeping full nights and then some.

NicShaf
03-11-2011, 05:45 AM
I notice changes with the weather. In California, we had a really cold week two weeks ago, and I felt aweful, my legs and feet were hurting every time I stood up or walked. This week, we are sunny and 75 degrees, and I feel much better.

freakyschizogirl
03-11-2011, 06:46 AM
i feel happier in the sunshine (although i dont like it too hot). Do you have daylight savings time in the US?? Well in the UK its starting to get brighter in the mornings and it makes me want to get out of bed in the morning, even tho its still chilly.

gurinbasra
03-11-2011, 07:12 AM
Yes, the weather affects me too. In Calgary Alberta Canada, we're at a high elevation and get a lot of what we call Chinook winds - warm winds in the dead of winter coming off the Rockie Mountains. Prior to this, we get big pressure changes and with this I feel the pain espcially in my old & current Weggie wounds, but since we've been having long spells of really cold weather - you know, where the temperature is around -30 and the wind chill is -42oC, it's been like that for a couple of weeks, I've a had few finger joints just killing me - and I'm not the one to usually have joint pain. Now of course, I have a headache as the warmer Chinook winds are coming in! But I know what you mean by feeling like an old man - between all pills I pop, putting on my hearing aid on the only one good ear I have, and having these aches and pains, I'm feeling like an old woman!

Psyborg
03-11-2011, 07:14 AM
Hehe I can definitely relate. Though my pills are gradually dropping from the repertoire :)

I have one finger that always killed me during my initial flare. Right index finger at the first joint. Sounds really insignificant, but I do type for a living so it's annoying. Certainly not at the level of pain as the flair, but it is as stiff :)

JanW
03-11-2011, 08:24 AM
This is one reason that my doc likes to leave medication alone in the winter (that is, not try to reduce). He says that generally all of his patients, across many AI types, tend to feel worse in the cold.

ArlaMo
03-11-2011, 08:33 AM
I must be the odd man out. I prefer the cold! As soon as it gets above 50, I'm sweating! I am dreading the summer.

Daggar
03-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Those Chinooks in Calgary can wreak havoc on even the healthiest of individuals .... migraines, tiredness, etc.

Holly has been experiencing more headaches since the WG diagnosis....

Geoff
03-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I must have been a lizard in a previous life, I love feeling the sun on my back!

pberggren1
03-11-2011, 11:38 AM
I hear ya ArlMo. I am the same way.

Sangye
03-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I must be the odd man out. I prefer the cold! As soon as it gets above 50, I'm sweating! I am dreading the summer.
That's me. I do much better in cold weather. Every flare and my original onset has been in hot weather.

Psyborg
03-15-2011, 10:12 AM
It's weird. Partially its because I lost a bunch of weight. My hands are continually like ice blocks all the time in the winter.

LisaMarie
03-15-2011, 02:05 PM
I can say i am worse in cold weather...i ache before it rains or snows worse and usually spike a fever .....it snowed today...so i have been in bed most of afternoon

Chris G
03-16-2011, 03:52 AM
We went from Michigan to Florida for vacation a couple weeks ago, and I can definitely say I felt much better in Florida! Maybe it was simply that I was relaxing. Or maybe it was the beautiful sunshine, which I'm pretty sure had been absent in Michigan since October.