PDA

View Full Version : Hot flushes

gwenllian111
02-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Hello

May I ask, do you any of you have 'warm sensations' or hot flushes when you have a flare up? I know this sounds daft, but my legs feel very warm when I flare, as if there's a hot towel on them.

Is this a symptom of a flare? Does anyone else get similar symptoms?

Thanks

Gwen x:flapper:

Sangye
02-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I've had occasional sensations of someone pouring very warm water on my skin. It began after the first rtx treatment. It rarely happens, though. Dr Seo wasn't concerned and neither am I, since it doesn't seem to indicate active disease or worrisome complications.

LisaMarie
02-23-2011, 11:51 PM
I get hot leg flashes too but i sweat alot more on the back of my left leg then my right...it was really bad when i took rtx......my doc did not seem concerned....When I see Dr Specks i will ask him and let you know...wish me luck on my bronch today heading over to Mayo in a few:biggrin1:

Geoff
02-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Hi Gwen, I had 'night sweats' before my DX, but perversly if I flare now I generally feel very cold and fatigued. Mind you any variance in how I feel I record in my diary and discuss with my Docs.

drz
02-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Hi Gwen, I had 'night sweats' before my DX, but perversly if I flare now I generally feel very cold and fatigued. Mind you any variance in how I feel I record in my diary and discuss with my Docs.

I have had both the chills and sweats at night but don't know if it was related to Wegener's disease, the meds I was taking like Cytoxan, or other infections I have had at various times. I found a list on internet of 102 different symptoms that can be part of Wegener's disease so it can be very diverse it how it affects a person.

jola57
03-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I have had the same feeling, like warm water being poured over my legs. I don't remember if it was before my dx or when I was started on cytox

Psyborg
03-08-2011, 12:59 AM
Hello

May I ask, do you any of you have 'warm sensations' or hot flushes when you have a flare up? I know this sounds daft, but my legs feel very warm when I flare, as if there's a hot towel on them.

Is this a symptom of a flare? Does anyone else get similar symptoms?

Thanks

Gwen x:flapper:

I had that exact same sensation. Weird part is they feel warm themselves, but were normal body temp or even a bit cool to the touch of my hands. Mine actually went down with treatment, but I distinctly remember the sensation last May and June, felt very odd.