PDA

View Full Version : Roberta

Roberta
02-14-2011, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the infor Sangye on Protonix verses prilosec. I go back to nephrologist next Thursday. I have loud burping now and my stomach does seem like it expands at times. Just finished occult stools x4 will take cards to lab tomorrow. I am still on the 80 mg of Prednisone daily with cytoxan 150mg and bactrim. will ask about it again on Thursday decreasing the prednisone. am taking lisinopril 40 mg and atenolol for b/p too. the prilosec is 20 mg twice a day now but will ask about protonix. yes the presnisone has been 80 mg daily since dec 18. Now I am sort of scared since you guys say it is too long--- all new to me!

they keep telling the benefits out weight the risks and I sort of get the impression to grin and bear it! The ambien 10 mg at bedtime helps some but I don't sleep through the whole night

thanks,
Roberta

Sangye
02-14-2011, 03:47 PM
You should be taking probiotics to help with your digestion. The bactrim will kill off your good gut bacteria, causing burping and intestinal bloating.

Get a mid-priced brand and take it at least 45 min before a meal or 3 hrs after a meal. Since you're not sleeping anyway, you can take it in the middle of the night. Take 5-7 billion units (usually 2 or 3 capsules) and continue taking it for at least 6 weeks after finishing any antibiotic. I like the brand PB-8 since it's not expensive, is available in all health food stores and is a reliable source of live bacteria.