PDA

View Full Version : Prednisone Acne??

vincelv
01-31-2011, 07:46 AM
how the heck you get rid of the acne side of prednisone..i clean my face..and my hair and still get acne on scalp and some on my forehead:predrage:

Sangye
01-31-2011, 03:29 PM
It has nothing to do with cleanliness. It's purely hormonal. There's not much you can do to make it better, but sugar and salt in your diet will sometimes make it worse. It'll go away as you taper the pred.

misskay
02-01-2011, 02:06 AM
What dose of Pred are you on? I had the same problem for a long time... tiny, hard little bumps. As we tapered my Pred dose it went away. So, just be patient. I know that'[s probably not what you wanted to hear, seems we WG patients are always being told to be patient... but yeah, be patient. :)

ScreaminMeanie
02-01-2011, 02:10 AM
What dose of Pred are you on? I had the same problem for a long time... tiny, hard little bumps. As we tapered my Pred dose it went away. So, just be patient. I know that'[s probably not what you wanted to hear, seems we WG patients are always being told to be patient... but yeah, be patient. :)

That's the way it's manifesting in me. Small hard raised bumps that never seem to go away. I'm down to 4.5 mg/day but they still haven't gone away. At least they're no longer showing up at the rate of 2-3 new ones a week!

Sangye
02-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I still had them at 4 mg, and now at 2.5 mg they're less. I also had large painful ones at times.

vincelv
02-01-2011, 08:02 AM
im still on 50mg of pred..but tapering..last time i had the acne and i tapered they went away at about 30mg..so hopefully thats when they do this time...i just wanted to see if there was a preventive mesure against it..

stikker
02-01-2011, 01:25 PM
Finally!! A pred side effect I don't have. I probably just jinxed myself. I'll be breaking out by morning.

me2
02-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I have had this too for long periods of time- right along with the pred. I think I tried everything. My diet has been at times exemplory and still it didn't help.

elephant
02-03-2011, 01:24 AM
When I was younger in my early twenties, I was on high doses of prednisone and I had ton of pimples. I was put on Retina A topical cream. It worked! Now that I am older I got maybe get one or two pimples...nothing to cry about.

vincelv
03-14-2011, 04:53 PM
my acne went away..guess the taper is workikng..lol all is good so far..down too 30 mg...yup yup.. and only taking one eye drop a day..but still on 175mg of cytoxan though :(

Sheena
03-14-2011, 06:50 PM
When I was on really high doses of Pred - 75mg, I got pimples all over my chest, not on my face, so strange and they were small hard raised bumps and I was covered in them. As I started to taper the dosage down they started to go away. I am currently on 5mg and have been for the last year and a half and I haven't got any pimple any more. In fact I went and had a facial on Saturday and the lady said that I had lovely skin - she made my day!!!!!

freakyschizogirl
03-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm getting some on my shoulders/ shoulder blades, very sore and come outta no where! First day today of tapering to 5mg! Wahoo!