PDA

View Full Version : Inhalers

Brooke
01-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Just wondering if anyone is taking inhalers? I am taking symbicort but I am getting some mild head aches, can't tell if it is sinus related or from the inhaler. I called my doctor and the nurse said I could stop taking the inhaler for a few days to see if my headaches improve. I am wondering if all the sinus rinses I do are bugging at times too, even though they help clear things out!

elephant
01-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I think the inhalers can cause headaches,.

renidrag
01-21-2011, 11:14 AM
I have had no problem with the Symbicort. Two puffs, twice a day.
Dale

Brooke
01-22-2011, 02:27 AM
Thanks, I took a xanex last night and that seemed to help a lot. I think my anxiety/mild depression or something might be coming back. I am not sure why, I am not on pred and all of my results from Decembers Mayo visit were really good. I think I should be the happiest gal on the planet! Great husband, sweet little boy, great family, good job and a nice warm home to come home to! I don't really want to be on an antidepressent but if that is what it takes, maybe I will start back on my Pristiq. Insurance doesn't cover it and it is like 150.00 dollars a month but that is the one I seemed to like the best. I will also see how I feel the next couple of days with out taking my symbicort, I never had problems with it in the past so I don't really think that is the reason.

Psyborg
01-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Anxiety and depression are not something you should be ashamed of. There are a ton of people that suffer from it, and quite often they have little to no logical reason for the feelings. I know you said you are off Pred, but maybe another drug you are on is messing with your chemistry a bit? Just guessing if you never had anxiety/depression issues before.

Sangye
01-22-2011, 03:30 PM
The hormone (including brain hormones) changes that are caused by pred do not return to normal for a long time after stopping pred. Sometimes they never go back to normal. It's not at all unusual to require meds for depression and/or anxiety while taking pred or after stopping.

Also, what you've gone through is enormous and there's never an end to the concern about it happening again. You might be having a bit of PTSD. I sure have had that at times.

Jack
01-23-2011, 07:49 AM
I use Tiotropium and also Symbicort inhalers for my Bronchiectasis (COPD). They are not very effective, but the best that I have found after trying several different ones. The Symbicort does of course include more steroids, but I'm not sure if this has much effect on the body in general or add to the Prednisolone effects.

Although COPD is not documented as being associated with Wegener's, I know there are several members of the forum who have it and I'm sure there is a connection. When I read about its possible causes, they seem to be the very things that Wegs is good at simulating - infections, damaged cells etc.

Brooke
01-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Thank you for the responses. I should have mentioned I have been really trying to watch what I eat and also exercising. So last week, I didn't eat a whole lot, definately a lot less than I would of on pred. So maybe that and working out gave me some headaches/dizziness as well. I think about anything can give you headaches. I also stare at a computer all day at work and maybe my posture isn't the best. I felt good over the weekend, except for Saturday. That was my fault, I went out to the bars and stayed out till 2 am. Pretending I am 21 again, well I was feeling the pain on Saturday. I won't be doing that again for a long time! Or next time, I will be sure to be home by midnight. What a waste of a Saturday.