PDA

View Full Version : ears, flying and vacations

jola57
12-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Hello all, just back from my cruise. Had a great time but can now understand first hand how hard it is for not so agile people to travel. Airlines make some concessions but I still had to wait in line for over 1 1/2 hr at united check in, standing was hard. Than having to take off your shoes (the bending part) and running when your connection is just about to close. Oh but I had such fun anyway. I guess in future some adjustments will have to be made on my part.:confused:

For Canadians - I did get insurance for pre-existing condition for $36 for 15 days without any problems as long as the condition is being managed and no flare ups in 7 days before the insurance takes over. I strongly suggest everyone get the insurance for peace of mind.

Flying and ears - as you may remember I have tinitus (ringing in my ear) and hearing loss due to WG. As suggested, I took Sudafed 2 hr before the flight and I can report that I had no ear equalization problems nor did I have any pain. I chewed gum like crazy - but probably I didn't need either the gum or the Sudafed -though I'd rather err on the side of caution.

I had all my medication, with chemo and pred, with me, 1/3 part in cary on and 1/3 in checked in luggage.

Finaly I am looking forward to resume my traveling albeit in slightly different form:D it did me a world of good.

Cheers

andrew
12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a great time despite the hassle. Travel is indeed a wonderful thing. Good on you for getting out there and doing it!

Rodger
12-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Glad the sudafed worked and you were able to bear the flight. :)

jola57
12-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Thanks Rodger, your advice gave me peace of mind before flying - I was petrified of having ear pain.