PDA

View Full Version : I'll keep getting stronger

marta
01-14-2011, 08:40 AM
The benefit of having a four year old in the house is that sometimes you stumble onto very unexpected sources of inspiration.

YouTube - Sesame Street: Will.i.am's Song "What I Am" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVzjoj96vs)

Sangye
01-14-2011, 08:57 AM
LOL that was sweet. How are you doing, Marta? Got you on my mind lately. :hug1:

marta
01-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Hey Sangye, I'm fighting a cold but it's my first one since diagnosis, so I think I'm pretty lucky. Going to see the new rheumy on Tuesday and staying in the city for a couple of weeks to get some serious WroShr action (twice a day for 15 days - can't hurt - well actually it hurts alot, but it's gotta help a little.) Things are good - I'm getting stronger - ha ha. It's all relative, but on an upward curve I think. I've been thinking about you as well. I've been off the site except for the odd 'drive by' and been super busy with Hana and life and getting stuff ready for the new rheumy - I'm going in so prepared, it's ridiculous. She's going to know everything about me, whether she likes it or not. Upping the cyclophosphamide seems to be doing the trick. My LFT's are dropping huge, my inflamation is still a bit high but I think it's because of this cold. The inflamation markers just started dropping ever so slightly and although still high (as well as my WBC - which was at 13.5 a few days ago - despite being on 150mg of cytox) are starting to drop. I've decided not to be a number watcher but a trend watcher. And the trend is good right now.

I've been thinking about you as well. I hope things are improving. Did you snore like a sailor at the sleep study? Once I'm in the city, I'll catch up on this site. I've also been playing with putting together the layout for the book and collecting elements to make it the special thing I know it's going to be. I might even have a publisher lined up. Also the TV interview that was supposed to happen earlier this fall is back on the table - I just got an email a few days ago, but I told them that I'm totally not TV ready right now, they'll have to wait until spring when my absolutely enourmous pred cheeks go to sleep. Can't imagine going on TV and having anyone take me seriously with this face.

Take care and lot's o'love.
marta

Sangye
01-14-2011, 09:50 AM
So glad you're doing well. What's WroShr? (No need to answer now if you're busy-- just someday)

marta
01-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Wro Shr is reflexology on steroids. It's amazing how much pain a tiny little lady who is in her late 70's can inflict upon your feet with nothing more than her thumbs. My mom was quite sick a few years ago, and Mrs. Chang brought her back from the brink. You should see grown men on the verge of tears when they get it done, it's comical.

I just looked it up and have been spelling it wrong. Here is a link - Rwo-Shr Health Method (http://www.rwoshr.ca/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=38&Itemid=111)

pberggren1
01-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Marta, I would not worry about how you look on TV. Having that puffed up face would be an advantage to explaining Pred. And then you could bring pics of you before Wegs.

elephant
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
Marta, I agree don't worry about your cheeks. With Your sparkling personality no one will notice your cheeks.

Sangye
01-16-2011, 03:44 AM
I just love that video, Marta. It's really helped the past few days. :smile1:

marta
01-16-2011, 03:56 AM
I'm glad to hear that. Meee too. Hana and I have danced to it probably a few dozen times already, and yesterday I woke up for the first time in months without a headache. It was such an amazing feeling!!! I attributed it to dancing to that song 30 times the day before. The headache came back last night, but I had a whole day headache free. Cool. I'll keep getting stronger. We just finished dancing to it three times before I posted this - fully cranked up the volume - jumping around. Quite the scene.

Sangye
01-16-2011, 04:00 AM
LOL Joy heals. :smile1:

DEE
01-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Good on you Marta :thumbup: just keep on dancing DEEx :flapper:

RPylican
01-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Thank you for sharing the video Marta! It was perfect! Hope you are feeling better soon.

jola57
01-17-2011, 04:58 PM
And stronger we become