PDA

View Full Version : Australian Floods--Everyone Okay?

Sangye
01-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Watching the news of the horrible flooding in Queensland, I hope our Aussie members are all okay. My sympathies are with your nation. Please check in and let us know you're alright.

DEE
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM
ditto to the above post DEEx

dunkie2202
01-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Dunkie is ok i'm in country NSW but boy has it broken my heart to see the the suffering of my fellow aussie's.

Psyborg
01-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Look a lot like Hurricane Katrina on Steroids. I hope everyone on here is ok. :(

misskay
01-15-2011, 12:50 AM
anyone heard from Andrew?

Sangye
01-15-2011, 02:41 AM
Andrew lives in Canberra as far as I know--not in Queensland. But it'd be nice if all our Aussies checked in to let us know they and they're loved ones are okay.

Moira
01-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Hi everyone. I live in Toowoomba Queensland where the "inland tsunami" hit. Fortunately we live on the outer reach of the city and we are safe and sound. It has done unbelievable damage to many businesses in the centre of town and lots of infastructure damage which will take many years to repair. So far it has claimed 16 lives and at last report there are still 28 people missing presumed dead. Toowoomba is 700 metres above sea level so this is the last thing that anyone could imagine happening here. We are approximately 2 hours drive west of Brisbane. Thanks to everyone enquiring about us Aussies, it has been a disaster beyond anyone's reckoning. 75% of Queensland has been effected by floodwaters but the spirit of Queenslanders is amazing and we will go on from this stronger I am sure. The worst is over, the rain has stopped and the water receding and the state is now in clean up mode. Lots of people have lost all their possessions and have to start all over again. It is heart breaking stuff.
I was diagnosed with WG in July 2010 and although I have not contributed before to this forum, I have obtained wonderful information from all your posts. Once again thank you for all your concerns.
Moira

elephant
01-16-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the info Moira! Like to hear your story some day! Thanks again!

Sangye
01-16-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi Moira, I'm so glad to know you're safe. The pictures of Toowoomba are devastating, but you Aussies are tough people and will get through this. I hope you'll continue to post. :smile1: