PDA

View Full Version : TS and Flares

Psyborg
01-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Does the TS get worse with flairs, or does it continue to get worse no matter what? Mine had been pretty stable at the 45% blocked, but I got bronchitis and thrush about 1.5 weeks ago. Now I'm thinking the coughing I'm still doing is related to the TS as what I do cough up appears to be clear liquid, not anything yellow or green or the like. I'm having more trouble with sleeping as well as I cannot get reliable breathing on my left side now...consequently my right shoulder is getting really sore :p

Over the weekend I developed some pain in my hips, which I hadn't had since being on Prednisone, and today it's in my hands as well. Add in a headache and I came to the conclusion it could be a flare maybe? Not sure...I have a call in to the doctor.

JanW
01-11-2011, 07:22 AM
My understanding is that the subglottic stenosis can get worse with a flare, but also on its own, and, if it gets worse (apart from any other symptoms), it doesn't mean you are having a flare. Assume it would be the same with TS. You can have stenosis for years (I did) and really no other disease symptoms.

Psyborg
01-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Thanks, I kind of freaked out a little when I started to think it might be a flare. The return of the hip pain was what got me thinking about it.

Psyborg
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Well..false alarm I think. Went to the Chiropractor last night and he adjusted my hips. They instantly felt significantly better. On the down side I am still pretty sure the stenosis just got worse following the Bronchitis given the amount of coughing, but I don't think I'm having a flare anyway :)