PDA

View Full Version : meds to reduse fatigue

leahrubyred
01-04-2011, 05:09 AM
Has anyone else been put on provigil? If so how did it work?Side effects?

elephant
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
I never heard of it, I will have to google it.

leahrubyred
01-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Thank you so much for responding, it helps me, just wondering if anyone else had been prescribed this medication or anything similar. blessings to you....<3

elephant
01-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Leahrubyred you must be tired from the WG. Are you taking that medicine provigil? It has side effects too. Did the physician tell you why you are tired?

JanW
01-05-2011, 01:36 AM
I see from googling that it is used 'off label' for fatigue resulting from things like chronic fatigue syndrome or MS. I would ask what elephant is asking: has the doc said why you are so tired that you need to take an additional med for tiredness? Presumably your tiredness would clear if your disease were under better control.

leahrubyred
01-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Well I am between doctors for a few weeks, due to the move. It has been tough, the first ruem I saw switch me from the ussual cocktail to just imuran, I called my doctor in SC and he told me to stop the imuran and continue pres and cyt, I went and had a full body contrst ct to be forwarrded to my new doctor whom I see on the 19th. I think it is a temporary thing to help me get moving, it does help, but don't worry, I won't let anything mask something else. I very direct and pro-active about my health and plan on living a LONG TIME!!! I just feel so tired all the time.

elephant
01-05-2011, 02:18 AM
Leahrubyred, hope you start to feel less tired soon. I know from experience the WG causes fatigue, but so does infection....ect. Hang in there, we are here for you.

leahrubyred
01-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Blessings and thank you. I decided to take the train down to SC tomm. I love a long train ride. Things will iron out, if not I might have to turn on the dryer.:wink1:

JanW
01-05-2011, 02:28 AM
Hey Leahrubyred -- just watch the contrast on your CT (you may have had to have it, I don't know). Generally should be avoided in people with inflammatory issues, my docs says. Interestingly enough, the one time I had it ordered (lung CT), I refused to sign for it when I got to the radiologist's, and he could see it just fine. Said to me that he didn't understand why docs were so quick to order contrast, as a lot of times it isn't needed.

leahrubyred
01-05-2011, 02:39 AM
thanks, I will def keep in mind.

Sangye
01-05-2011, 03:18 AM
Leah, please tell me you didn't have a full-body CT (head to toe). That's an enormous amount of radiation that is completely unwarranted.