PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

Deanne Hull
12-31-2010, 11:21 PM
I wish everyone a very Happy New Year, we are just about to embark on the fun in Australia so all of you lovelies that are following behind us all over the world, Have a wonderful time, stay safe and if you can't be good be careful.... lots of love Deanne

Sangye
01-01-2011, 03:48 AM
Happy New Year, Deanne. :smile1:

Geoff
01-01-2011, 08:33 AM
Happy and Healthy New Year Deanne, my brother lives in Perth so pop round to his place for a bonza party (I'm sure he wont mind!!)

Palmyra
01-01-2011, 12:36 PM
Happy New Year!!! I do think this is a wonderfully universal way to celebrate another year of life. Much fun to be had by one and all.

My weggie daughter is celebrating with her South American family in Chile, and I will be (calmly,) celebrating here with my own 'peep's' in our own local ways and traditions (black eyed peas, corn bread and champagne!).

Peace and smiles to all my friends all the world over!

Palmyra J:biggrin1:

marta
01-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Warm wishes from the cold Rocky Mountains to my entire extended Weggie family throughout the globe. It's 11:04pm, the kids are in bed and we're ready to bring in the New Year. May it bring us all an easier time, lots of love, laughter and joy, and perhaps some threshold jumping to the other side - the better side of the fence. Thinking of you all often. Better health to us all.

Sangye
01-02-2011, 03:13 AM
I never knew about the tradition of eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day. A friend told me last night and looked surprised that I didn't know. We decided that's probably the real cause of the Wegs. :laugh:

Sangye
01-02-2011, 04:52 AM
This article describes how people around the world rang in the New Year. I thought it was pretty cool.
From dragon fireworks to prayers, globe greets 2011 - World news - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40862702/ns/world_news/)

Palmyra
01-02-2011, 06:51 AM
I never knew about the tradition of eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day. A friend told me last night and looked surprised that I didn't know. We decided that's probably the real cause of the Wegs. :laugh:

Could be the real cause of Weg! :glare:

Yes, depression era food stuffs of the old US South. Add to the properly prepared peas a bit of salt ham if it was a good year, cooked greens with pepper vinegar, canned green tomatoes and a black berry cobbler.:thumbsup:

Happy New Year!

flana
01-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Happy New Year to all my Weggie Brothers and Sisters, friends and families... may this New Year bring the best of health, happiness and prosperity to you all. Have a very safe and healthy New Year...

- Raj

Natalie
01-04-2011, 01:34 PM
better late than never :) happy new year to all love Nat xx

janNaz
01-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Wishing all a Happy New Year...may we have better health in the very near future, as well as peace and happiness always.

elephant
01-05-2011, 02:22 AM
Happy New Year to you too Natalie. Hope all is well!