PDA

View Full Version : Any knitters here?

ScreaminMeanie
12-25-2010, 02:20 AM
I started knitting not quite a year ago, right after the loss of a beloved pet, and before I was dx'ed with this current flare of WG. Between my mysterious symptoms and grieving for my cat, I was really stressed out at the time, and I needed a soothing activity that would keep me occupied without being too hard on my body physically. Knitting has turned out to be quite a passion for me, and although I'm not what one would call an experienced knitter yet, I do seem to have a knack for it.

Anybody else here have a yarn fetish? :D

misskay
12-25-2010, 03:21 AM
yep... used to knit and crochet and tat before dx... tough to do now with the vasculitis in the fingers and blurry vision from the meds.

dunkie2202
12-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Me too I use to Knit, Crochet and sew before...I wouldn't be game enough to knit now. My fingers would cramp up. I have been wanting to get back into sewing....only so I could make myself some bigger clothes ( thanks to pred nothing fits me ):predrage:

Sean48
12-29-2010, 02:23 AM
I am a quilter and a knitter. I used to knit years ago (the total basic that is) and since diagnosed i picked it up again. My fingers are deformed and do get cramped but i can get a couple of hours out of it at a time although every time is different. I'm glad you found something to calm you. My goal this year is to make socks and mittens.

leahrubyred
12-29-2010, 03:38 AM
I knit, crotchet, and sew....have some trouble but if it soothes you go for it!!!! it can be so much fun and u can use other things like jewelery wire too. If your hands can take it, some trouble here at times but never give up on anything. Leah