PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to all

Natalie
12-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Thought I would start A Christmas thread not sure if any one has started one yet but here gos

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SAFE ONE :thumbsup:

Minneapolismark
12-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Thank you very much. I am better than I was last year, have a beautiful new wife and all three of my sons are coming home for Christmas! woo hoo!!

Natalie
12-22-2010, 10:19 AM
THAT'S GREAT ! SOUNDS LIKE ITS GOING TO BE A SPECIAL TIME FOR YOU , ALL THE BEST NAT :hug3:

misskay
12-22-2010, 10:21 AM
Thanks Natalie :) Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas ( or whatever holiday you celebrate).
Personally... I'm skipping the whole deal. No wreath, no tree, no cards, no big dinner. My son can't make it down from Michigan, so why bother. The tree just becomeas a giant cat toy.

Natalie
12-22-2010, 10:35 AM
I have only put my small tree up this year , not really into it either but Im looking forward to a few days off work and a nice dinner :drool: and a catch up with friends and family .. but it dosnt really feel like Christmas this year for some reason . thats a shame your son can't make it down thou hope you have a nice day anyway misskay .

Sangye
12-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I hope everyone enjoys the holidays, too. :smile1:

pberggren1
12-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Feliz Navidad!

DEE
12-22-2010, 04:46 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE
HAPPY HOLIDAYS
AND A BRIGHTER NEW YEAR FOR US ALL
:hug3::hug3::hug3:

jola57
12-22-2010, 04:52 PM
Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 801

andrew
12-22-2010, 06:01 PM
A happy and healthy Christmas and New Year to you all. I have three parties to fit in so I'm going to be one full monkey!

Jack
12-22-2010, 09:53 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/1955diesel/card.jpg

Happy Christmas to all my Weggie Friends. :biggrin1:

elephant
12-23-2010, 12:18 AM
I wish everyone a very merry happy Christmas! Hoping for a better year for all of us. May many of us go into remission and stay there for many years!

Hammy8241
12-23-2010, 12:22 AM
One particular Christmas season a long time ago, Santa was getting ready for is annual trip, but there were problems everywhere. Four of his elves got sick, and the trainee elves did not produce the toys as fast as the regular ones so Santa was beginning to feel the pressure of being behind schedule.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her mom was coming to visit. This stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two had jumped the fence and were out, heaven knows where. More stress.

Then when he began to load the sleigh one of the boards cracked, and the toy bag fell to the ground and scattered the toys. So, frustrated, Santa went into the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum.

When he went to the cupboard, he discovered that the elves had hidden the liquor, and there was nothing to drink. In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider pot, and it broke into hundreds of little pieces all over the kitchen floor. He went to get the broom and found that mice had eaten the straw end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and irritable Santa trudged to the door. He opened the door, and there was a little angel with a great Christmas tree.

The angel said, very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't it a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to stick it?"

Thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

All the best to all and may the 'weggie' in us stay away and behave itself!

Sangye
12-23-2010, 01:24 AM
ROTFL Santa is definitely not coming to your house, Hammy. You've been naughty. :laugh::laugh:

Brooke
12-23-2010, 01:25 AM
Merry Christmas to everyone!!!
thank you for all of your support, thoughts, opinions, questions, and everything else!! :hug3:

Jack
12-23-2010, 01:42 AM
I expect it has been asked a million times Sangye, but do you have any sort of celebration at this time? After all, the original winter festival was a pagan affair celebrating the spirits of the trees which is something Buddhists may identify with?

Ooops! Does this thread have a religion amnesty? :wink1:

chrisTIn@
12-23-2010, 03:31 AM
I wish everybody a very happy Christmas and a good 2011.

I'd like to add one of my favorite songs...

YouTube - Randy Newman - God's Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVCGf0CnYzw)

Elena
12-23-2010, 07:33 AM
God jul og godt nytt år ! :tongue1:

Hope you all get a wonderful and relaxed christmas!

dunkie2202
12-23-2010, 08:38 AM
LMAO @ Hammy one of the best christmas jokes ever !!!!!
I'd like to wish my dear Weggie friends a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and here's hoping to a Healthier 2011 for all of us !

Sangye
12-23-2010, 09:37 AM
LOL Jack, Buddhists celebrate everything! Seriously though, we consider Jesus to be a fully realized Bodhisattva and celebrate his birth. One of the loveliest interfaith teachings I've seen was the Dalai Lama reading and commenting on the Beatitudes.

We decorate our temple with a small tree and some Christmas decorations, and we have a big Christmas eve dinner together. Some people exchange presents--mostly for the kids. Only the youngest sangha members grew up as Buddhists. The rest of us have Judeo-Christian roots so we continue to celebrate Christmas as a cultural holiday. Most of our families aren't Buddhists. Many sangha members have a family Christmas celebration, too.

Since astrology is an integral part of Tibetan Buddhism, we also are interested in the solstice from that point of view. We have a lot of visitors from other local churches and we often participate in interfaith services and celebration. I love that. :smile1:

drz
12-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Goldie chasing snow snakes.

This adorable Dalmation could not be happier to be prancing and swimming through mountains of snow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sUL0KCIc48&feature=player_embedded

jola57
12-23-2010, 05:43 PM
OK thats one crazy dog, so happy too. It should be named "the burrrow like a mole" Goldie

jola57
12-23-2010, 05:46 PM
Same here Hammy, oooooh you know that Santa keeps a noughty and nice list right?

drz
12-24-2010, 06:12 AM
OK thats one crazy dog, so happy too. It should be named "the burrrow like a mole" Goldie

Some one asked me about the snow snakes she is chasing and here is a link with info about snow snakes.

Snow Snakes: Revealed at last! (http://www.naturenorth.com/winter/snwsnk/snwsnkF.html)

I don't know much about them and have never seen one. My grandfather from Norway had a dog that like Goldie liked to chase snow snakes. He said she could never catch one because they are extremely fast. Being all white and living under deep snow they would be hard to see anyway. I remember when I was a little boy digging out a snow fort he told me to be careful I didn't grab one that was sleeping cause then they might bite me. Other wise they are very shy and avoid people. He said they feed on voles that live under the snow and I have seen voles and once saw the remnant of one that he said was probably eaten by a snow snake. He also worried me when he said the Julenisse had to be careful to avoid the snow snakes but he said the Julenisse were very quick too and clever so they seldom got caught by a snow snake unless they were very careless. He said the snow snakes only real threat were the great snowy owls that could grab them from above.

drz
12-24-2010, 06:40 AM
God jul og godt nytt år ! :tongue1:

Hope you all get a wonderful and relaxed christmas!

Thank you for posting this. It must have got me thinking about the Julenisse since I dreamed about them and the snow snakes last night. My grandfather said the Julenisse only came to homes that spokes "God's language" (Norwegian) and that must be true since I never hear about them in other places. I remember getting gifts from the Julenisse when we stay at Grandpa's house for Christmas. I got things like an orange, an apple, a scarf once just like the ones Gramma used to knit and some mittens too. My mother said she got same gifts when she was a child. Once I guess she was naughty and got a lump of coal in her stocking. Grampa said he once got a rock in his sock when he was child. He always made some oatmeal and set it on the stove for the Julenisse along with some lefsa. It was always gone in the morning which my mother said was proof he had been there. I was always worried they might get caught by a snow snake and never make it to our home.

Elena I have heard the Nisse are are the ancestors of the leprechauns in Ireland. Some Nisse went with the Vikings when they settled in Ireland because Ireland had no snow snakes. I know historians trace many of our Christmas customs date back to Vikings such as the Jul log, Christmas tree, bonfires and emphasis on lighting and the current word for Christmas in Norwegian Jul was actually an old Viking drinking festival to celebrate when days started to get longer again. We can thank the Vikings for bringing their customs to Ireland, England, Russia, France and other places they settled and keeping these customs that became part of our Christmas even after they gave up their native language and Viking heritage.

So God Jul to every one!

Elena
12-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Wow, you know a lot more about the vikings' customs than I do. :tongue1:

I'm not sure which Julenisse you are talking about though, because we really have two kinds. Julenissen, which is the same as your Santa Claus, except we get our gifts on Christmas Eve, not Christmas Day. The other kind is "regular" nisser, which supposedly lives with their nisse-family in the barn on farms, does practical jokes on us and animals, and puts small gifts in our Advent Calendar. And on Christmas Eve it's custom (at least it used to be, as our christmas is becoming more and more americanized) to put out a bowl of porridge to make them happy and prevent them doing practical jokes.

I've never heard of snow snakes though :blink:

Geoff
12-24-2010, 08:08 AM
Well we've managed to make our journey to our daughters and Fiance's house for Christmas and as we sit around the fire relaxing I FEEL GREAT!!
(No pun intended or should it have been grate?) anyway with apologese to those who are not familiar with the Christmas Carol, How does Good King Wencelas like his Pizzas?..........................................A nswer 'Deep and Crisp and Even' ......Ouch!!
Can I take this ooportunity to wish all of my extended family a wonderful Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year. With All mY Love. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

freakyschizogirl
12-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Lol Geoff that joke had me laughing. Couldnt see that punch line coming!!

Happy holidays everyone!

x x x

drz
12-24-2010, 11:20 AM
A nice Christmas card

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2561718297328&source=jl999

Minneapolismark
12-24-2010, 04:38 PM
All three sons at home, my beautiful wife, cookies in the cupboard and presents under the tree. Awesome.

pberggren1
12-24-2010, 07:59 PM
There are quite a few Weggies on this Forum from MN. I have relatives in MN and hope to do a road trip there some day and meet up with some of my fellow Weggies.

elephant
12-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Merry Christmas to all my Weggie Friends, you all are the little presents under the tree that keep on giving!

DEE
12-24-2010, 11:59 PM
Merry Christmas to all my Weggie Friends, you all are the little presents under the tree that keep on giving!
Merry christmas Elephant hope you have a great day DEEx:hug3::hug2::hug1:

Sangye
12-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Phil, your new avatar makes you the Itteh Bitteh Swift Current Committeh. :tongue1:

pberggren1
12-25-2010, 02:25 AM
Phil, your new avatar makes you the Itteh Bitteh Swift Current Committeh. :tongue1:

I know. I am barely recognizable. It would not go big for some reason.

andrew
12-25-2010, 08:35 AM
How big is the original compared to that? You can send it to me if you want and I can put it up for you.

marta
12-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Merry Christmas my wonderful extended Weggie family. I've been sooooo crazy busy this last couple of weeks and haven't barely touched my computer, but I just had to come on and wish you all the very best and may all our dreams (especially our communal one) come true in the not too distant future.

Think of you often!

Ho ho ho. Back to cooking up a pred induced Christmas dinner storm.

andrew
12-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Ho ho ho. Back to cooking up a pred induced Christmas dinner storm.

Sounds delicious and, if pred induced, HUGE!!!! :)

Sangye
12-25-2010, 12:20 PM
It always comes back to the food if you're a Weggie. LOL

Terri
12-25-2010, 02:52 PM
I wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a healthy New Year!:hug2:

Sangye
12-26-2010, 01:12 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/fb935951-b1af-4418-82b7-aa338d5cfbb3.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

(http://dogs.icanhascheezburger.com/)

Dumpy
12-26-2010, 01:47 AM
Merry Christmas to All from the Southern Half of the USA.

drz
12-26-2010, 09:12 AM
For our snowless friends -- Santa and his singing reindeer.Parts of USA are getting snow this weekend for first time 100 plus years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddVZOK_9UUI

talentx7
12-26-2010, 01:18 PM
I asked Carter what the best present was that Santa brought, he said " My best present was that I didn't have to take my pred. today."

jola57
12-26-2010, 07:57 PM
I agree that is the best present of all and I hope one that will last a good long time.

Jack
12-26-2010, 09:38 PM
Merry Christmas to All from the Southern Half of the USA.
Why not a happy Christmas to everyone else too? The war is over now you know!http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c56/1955diesel/hysteria.gif

Sangye
12-27-2010, 01:31 AM
ROTFL I had to read that several times to get the joke. Jack, you are so clever and funny. :thumbsup::lol:

elephant
12-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Some people don't think so. ;)

Elena
12-27-2010, 01:08 PM
This is why I always try to make sure to read what I've written twice before posting anything, anywhere :laugh:

Just wanted to say to all of you lacking snow and cold weather: you are more than welcome to have some of mine! -30 degrees celsius and lots of snow is seldom a good thing in my mind :glare:

ScreaminMeanie
12-28-2010, 04:47 AM
A belated Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Seasons Greetings to all of my new Weggie friends!

We had a quiet day by ourselves (hubby and I and the cats) with good food and a Mythbusters marathon! :thumbsup:

drz
12-28-2010, 10:31 AM
This is why I always try to make sure to read what I've written twice before posting anything, anywhere :laugh:

Just wanted to say to all of you lacking snow and cold weather: you are more than welcome to have some of mine! -30 degrees celsius and lots of snow is seldom a good thing in my mind :glare:

I suppose you are glad you are not in NY right now with the large snow fall they just got. How do you feel about your current weather of minus 9 C. with chance of snow?

Elena
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Never went outside my front door today, but -9 C is still way to cold for me. Don't think I'm meant to live in such cold place.. But as I'm not the biggest fan of heat either I'm not sure where I'm supposed to live :tongue1:
Yeah, I'm pretty happy not to be in NY right now, although I would not have said no to get a trip there no matter the amount of snow! Also people from NY probably aren't too used to so much snow which makes the chaos that much worse. Look at the bright side though, at least when there's that much snow fall it usually isn't too cold :wink1: