PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to write in a blog?

andrew
12-15-2008, 08:00 PM
I just discovered that I can add a plugin for this forum that allows members to keep a Blog (What is a Blog??? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog)).

I was wondering if anyone would find that useful. I have one to keep a record of my trips to the doctor (which reminds me, I must update it!). The forum would still be used for questions and such and for whatever things you see fit to put there.

If you think it would be useful for you, let me know. It only takes a moment for me to set up and I can assist anyone that wants to have a crack at it once it's installed.

Some of us already have our own Blogs which is fine but anyone that wants to start their own with as little hassle as possible and zero expense would be free to do so.

andrew
12-22-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, after the overwhelming response :D:D:D I decided to make it a Christmas present and add the blog feature anyway. It might be a good feature for someone to start diarising their experiences with WG.

I'll also upgrade portions of this site over Christmas so we have a nice up-to-date site for the new year :)

crackers
12-23-2008, 02:53 AM
sorry for the poor response andrew but if others have a similar daily routine like mine, i can understand it.i live in groundhog day.every day is the same.get up feed the dogs sit in front of the tv and fall asleep.have some dinner maybe make it to the supermarket sit back in front of the tv and fall asleep.every action is followed by a period of inaction.i have the use of the car but i can't walk very far wherever i go so whats the point.so all in all it's pretty boring,not the kind of stuff anyone would be interested in reading about.my rheumy has told us that this is as good as it will get so even the wg is boring,not nice but boring. as long as they leave my meds alone.anyway good luck with the project and i'll speak to you soon.
john.

andrew
12-23-2008, 05:32 AM
Hehehe...yeah it's not a problem. I realise that it can be a handful just moving around day to day. I hope I didn't cause offence. I was going to go ahead anyway as someone might join that can take advantage of it.

I hate it when docs put a lid on progress like that. I do hope it's not as good as it gets for you, John.

crackers
12-23-2008, 05:41 AM
no offence taken at all mate.good luck with the blog.you never know something of interest may happen that i can chip in with.

Sangye
12-23-2008, 09:06 AM
John, just my two cents, having been through a lot of physical stuff in my life even before Wegs hit. Never let a doctor tell you something is as good as it will get! Who is he to say such a thing? Is he psychic? Is he the best rheumatologist ever created? I sustained a terrible knee injury 20 years ago and my docs said I'd never climb stairs, much less hike, ride a bike or even walk normally. I did all the above, and way more. Even my first rheumy told me stupid, limiting things that have not come true. Guess they just hadn't asked their Magic-8 Ball the right question, huh?

My doc at JHU told me in October he has no idea how much better I can get or how long it might take, and that's true of anyone with Wegs. He said I can't get my body back the way it was before since some things were damaged beyond repair, but that he also has no way to know how my body might adapt around those things, much less how the parts that weren't damaged might come back online.

As a chiropractor, I saw patients (mine and other docs) recover in ways I never, ever would have dreamed of. The only time any doctor can truthfully tell a patient they're as good as they're gonna get, is if that patient is dead.

I know you feel beaten down, John. Don't give up. Stay determined.

crackers
12-23-2008, 08:46 PM
thanks sangye.i do try to be positive but when the meds are reduced and i start to slip back again it's like the wg is saying "i'm still here and i'm not going away".this is some pain in the ass disease this is.

Sangye
12-24-2008, 01:09 AM
this is some pain in the ass disease this is.

YES IT IS! :D

Some days you just can't stay positive, I really struggle with that, too. Giving up is something entirely different. Glad to see you're getting online-- we'll get you through this.

crackers
12-24-2008, 03:54 AM
no i'm not giving up.been thru too much to give up now,i've had 2 yrs of this and then the cancer last year and i'm still here.:)
john

jola57
12-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey Andrew, just saw the blog thread:o, don't know where my mind is these days - oh I was sunning, swimming and gorging delicious food. Yes I'd like to start a blog, let me know how to get there and start. Thanks

andrew
12-26-2008, 07:52 PM
:) Cool. I'll be doing some work on this site shortly and I'll install the blog then, among other things.