PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Upcoming Study

Sangye
12-14-2010, 03:36 AM
I saw this study on ClinicalTrials.gov. It isn't recruiting yet, but I thought the purpose was intriguing since we often talk about the difficulty of dx'ing Wegs when it's only presenting with non-specific symptoms like joint pain, fever, etc....

You can click on the link in the article to see all the US and international centers that are participating. There are a LOT so most of us should be able to join in. (None for Aussies, though. :sad: )

American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism (ACR/EULAR) Diagnostic and Classification Criteria for Primary Systemic Vasculitis - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov (http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT01066208?term=wegener%27s+granulomatosis&rank=28#locn)

JanW
12-14-2010, 05:27 AM
My hospital is in it. Maybe when they start recruiting I will be able to get in.

jola57
12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Yes well once again Canada bites the dust. Its like we don't get sick with vasculitis.

Sangye
12-15-2010, 02:20 AM
Jolanta, there are 3 locations in Canada that are listed. St Joseph's Healthcare in Ontario, Univ of Calgary, and Univ of Toronto.

ScreaminMeanie
12-15-2010, 04:35 AM
The closest one to me is nine hours away in Salt Lake City.