PDA

View Full Version : Research shows it is import. for Weggies not to get sick...

Palmyra
12-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Good morning gang!

I always post the boring stuff, but this may be of interest to some. It basically states what most of you have already figured out, that bacterial infection may actually cause a flare to those that are in remission. Another reason to wash those hands and rinse the nose.

Bacterial DNA motifs trigger ANCA production in ANCA-associated vasculitis in remission ? Rheumatology (Oxford) (http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2010/12/11/rheumatology.keq375.abstract?ct=ct)

Best wishes to all!

Sangye
12-14-2010, 03:38 AM
Very interesting!

(When do you post boring stuff? In the wee hours of the morning before I'm awake?? :blink:)

me2
12-14-2010, 04:01 AM
Weggies would love from boring.
Interesting article thanks.

Jack
12-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Not sure if it is boring enough, but since we are often talking about ANCA results I offer - Vasculitis - The European Vasculitis Study Group (http://www.vasculitis.org/default.aspx?code=0609)
This probably explains why some of the less initiated doctors are led astray by looking for a simple +ve or -ve result.

ScreaminMeanie
12-14-2010, 09:32 AM
I appreciate y'all posting these "boring" articles. I have been reading everything I can find about WG for years, but those are two I had not seen. Keep 'em coming!

elephant
12-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Me too, I enjoy any boring article that is about WG!

julia
12-14-2010, 04:43 PM
screaminmeanie,

If I remember correctly you had been in remission for a long time. During this time did you get colds, infections or flu's. If yes I was wondering how you tolerated them compared to others who may have been suffering from the same ailment.

ScreaminMeanie
12-15-2010, 02:07 AM
screaminmeanie,

If I remember correctly you had been in remission for a long time. During this time did you get colds, infections or flu's. If yes I was wondering how you tolerated them compared to others who may have been suffering from the same ailment.

I've been thinking about that, too. I always got them much more severely than anyone around me did. I had the flu four years in a row, right before I started getting flu shots about 4 years ago. It just about killed me every year. I'd miss 7-10 days of work and be unable to get out of bed without help for 2/3 of that time.

I'd have high fevers and miss 2 or 3 days work with a plain old cold. Other than the four years in a row with the flu, I didn't get sick very often, but when I did, it was bad.

LisaMarie
12-15-2010, 05:14 AM
Ughh... I can not open the boring artiical...helppppppp

Sangye
12-15-2010, 05:29 AM
LOL I'm sure it's frustrating but it really sounds funny to read "I can't open the boring article." :laugh:

LisaMarie
12-16-2010, 02:06 PM
LOL I'm sure it's frustrating but it really sounds funny to read "I can't open the boring article." :laugh:
ok I can laugh at myself ..but seriously it will not open for me...HELP

Minneapolismark
12-17-2010, 06:07 PM
Good morning gang!

I always post the boring stuff, but this may be of interest to some. It basically states what most of you have already figured out, that bacterial infection may actually cause a flare to those that are in remission. Another reason to wash those hands and rinse the nose.

Bacterial DNA motifs trigger ANCA production in ANCA-associated vasculitis in remission ? Rheumatology (Oxford) (http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2010/12/11/rheumatology.keq375.abstract?ct=ct)

Best wishes to all!

This is VERY USEFUL

chrisTIn@
12-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks for posting this, Palmyra.

I knew that staphillococcus aureus plays an important role in the proces of WG... I wonder what this new scientific investigations mean for 'every day treatment'. Will this news change treatment protocols?

jola57
12-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Good article, probably my breast surgery abcess was a post surgical staph infection and why I flared