PDA

View Full Version : Ears

Gwenllian
12-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi!Struggling with flu like symptoms lately, it's absoultely floored me.

I started having severe ear pains last night, like a stabbing pain into the drum - eventually, this stopped and a clear fluid keeps draining out. (still painful though!). Has anyone found this WG related?

I'm also preg again, and I tend to flare up at these times.

Thanks for any infoxx

Luce
12-09-2008, 01:24 AM
Hi

I've had some ear problems caused by the WG, usually just a bit of temporary deafness due to swelling in the ear canal though.

It sounds like you might have an ear infection, I had one a few years ago which started just like you described. The clear fluid is the infection....

I'd suggest getting it checked out by a doc though.

Gwenllian
12-11-2008, 02:59 AM
Hi
I saw ENT today, and he said I have a WG flare up...with trapped fluid in the middle ear or something...I was a bit shocked, I thought it was an ear infection!
Not sure what treatments to start on now, especially as I am pregnant.

andrew
12-11-2008, 03:09 AM
Hi
I saw ENT today, and he said I have a WG flare up...with trapped fluid in the middle ear or something...I was a bit shocked, I thought it was an ear infection!
Not sure what treatments to start on now, especially as I am pregnant.

Congrats on being pregnant but bummer about the ears. Can you be on Pred and be pregnant at the same time? There was also a study I read somewhere in which a pregnant woman was given Cytoxan while pregnant and had a normal, healthy child. It was life-threatening though. How bad is the flare anyway? Is it something that will need a hige amount of drugs or just a nudge to send it on its way?