PDA

View Full Version : immunizations

jeriorleans
11-12-2010, 02:09 PM
Has anyone done any research on immunizations causing Wegener's. I am investigating this because A.J. received his immunizations in Feb 09 and started showing signs of Wegeners in March.

Sangye
11-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't count on seeing that kind of research any time too soon. Linking vaccines to onset of serious illness (or any kind of damage or harm) is a taboo in the medical profession.

There is at least one other member on here who had a major Wegs flare as a result of getting the flu shot.

Jack
11-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Who knows?
In my own case, I had several vaccines during the preceding months before first symptoms, but I have since had regular flu shots with no effect.

Brooke
11-13-2010, 04:23 AM
For those of you that get flu shots, have you got yours this year? My Mayo doc said I need to wait for my B cells to return since they are still gone from my Rituxan Infusions in May of this yr. Has anyone else had to wait to do this as well?

DEE
11-13-2010, 04:45 AM
ive had my seasonal flu injection ,this week and been ok

Brooke
11-13-2010, 04:52 AM
Hi Dee -
What current medications are you on? I think I have to wait for the flu shot because I don't think it would even work or be worth getting if my B cells are gone, that is how I understood it from my dr.

DEE
11-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Hi Brooke i take
AZATHROPRINE WARFARIN PREDNISONE 15MG TRANODAL CO TRIMOZOLE AMLODIPINE ACTONEL PREDINDOPRILE LANSPOPRAZOLE ADCAL SOLIFENACIN ATRONENT INHALER
I ALWAYS SAY IF I DONT RATTLE I WILL GLOW
IT MAKES IT INTERESTING WHEN I GO TO COLLECT FROM THE CHEMIST AS THEY GIVE ME THEM IN A CARRIER BAG
I HAVE THE INJECTON AS HAD A CHEST INFECTION A COUPLE OF TIMES LAST YEAR AND HUBBY AS BAD HABIT OF BRINGING HOME THE FLU FROM WORK !!! LAST YEAR HE MANAGED TO GET SWINE FLU JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS

Jack
11-13-2010, 06:16 AM
I was in having my INR checked when the nurse asked if I had had my flu shot, I hadn't so she gave me one then and there. My wife had taken me to the appointment and so she got grabbed and given one too!

(Sangye will be shaking her head in dispare. ;) )

DEE
11-13-2010, 06:27 AM
hubby went for his asthma check up last week . he came home surprised that they gave him flu shot to without an appointment could have had something to do with i booked it for him a few days earlier:flapper:

elephant
11-13-2010, 07:34 AM
Good for you Dee!

Sangye
11-13-2010, 09:32 AM
I was in having my INR checked when the nurse asked if I had had my flu shot, I hadn't so she gave me one then and there. My wife had taken me to the appointment and so she got grabbed and given one too!

(Sangye will be shaking her head in dispare. ;) )
LOL No I'm not...It's an individual decision. I just put the info out so that people can make an educated, informed choice.

freakyschizogirl
11-13-2010, 10:06 AM
lol nice one Dee.

I had my swine flu last week...was only after the flu flu as i call it. I was told by nurse that given i'm on immunosuppression i (we) are more likely to get swine flu this year than normal flu. I dont really see how but i took it anyway. Go back in 2 weeks for the flu flu. Have hep b jab next week as well. i get all the luck

Jack
11-13-2010, 09:34 PM
The swine flu and flu flu immunisation is all in the same shot this year so I'm not sure what is going on there.
See page 3 - http://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/@dh/@en/@ps/documents/digitalasset/dh_119314.pdf

DEE
11-14-2010, 12:36 AM
when i had fle shot last week , i was told its recorded on records as "seasonal flu injection " containing flu /swine flu in one injection
when i said i had two swine flue last year was told no need the one shot covers all :smile1:

elephant
11-14-2010, 12:39 AM
I had mine in Sept, it covered swine and seasonal flu.

JanW
11-14-2010, 03:22 AM
Yep, mine was all covered in one shot as well -- doc and nurse said that's the big change from last year. May take my kids in to get it next week.

Brooke
11-14-2010, 04:52 AM
Am I being misinformed? Haven't some of you recently or currently been on cytoxan or rituxan infusions?

DEE
11-14-2010, 05:02 AM
ive jbeen of cxt six weeks after taking for 10 mths and it was my wg consult that told me to get flu shot DEEx

Sangye
11-14-2010, 06:20 AM
Brooke, ctx doesn't destroy all the B cells like rtx does. I agree with your doc that it doesn't make sense to give you a flu shot if your body can't even make antibodies. The shot would be useless at best.

Hakmanson
11-14-2010, 06:49 PM
Probably nothing but I was given pnemonia(sp terrible I know) shot 1st stay in hospital....they let me go and said I was fine...10 days later I'm back in hospital this time for over 2 weeks...they diagnosed me with WG

elephant
11-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Hakmanson, did you have lungs, sinus or kidney involvement?

Hakmanson
11-15-2010, 03:46 AM
went in with lung problems...those cleared while in hospital....kidney biopsy was how they decided I have WG

elephant
11-15-2010, 04:20 AM
How is your kidney now? Is your creatinine up ...normal is around 1.0 or range 0.5 -1.2.

Hakmanson
11-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Don't really know...I am supposed to be visiting all of my Dr's here in Greenville this coming week and the next....Funerio I think I see on the 23rd of Nov....