PDA

View Full Version : Social Security Disability!

jeff rizz
11-10-2010, 02:42 PM
I have just received notice from Social Security that the judge decide to rule my disability case fully favorable! So after 2 denials, 2 hearings and a two year fight with them it is finally over! I feel really lucky that I got it this soon! I heard stories of people fighting for years! So now I am in the middle of trying to figure out how much I owe back to my long term disability company with the back pay for me! I have an appointment at the Social security office to figure out if my wife and kids are eligible for payments also and back pay. Not really sure how it all works! My kids are 5,4 and 2 in age so I believe that they Qualify. I am also trying to figure out all this Medicare information and what plans to pick that I will need. I am not eligible for Medicare till March 2011. So I have some time to figure it out . If anyone has any helpful advice or information in this process please let me know I would really appreciate it!

Sangye
11-10-2010, 03:04 PM
That's great, Jeff. Most of your questions can be answered by Social Security-- either go to a local office or call. You'll become eligible for Medicare 2 years after your disability date.

elephant
11-11-2010, 03:47 AM
Congrats Jeff, so glad it worked out for you.

Aunnie
11-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Jeff,
Dont worry about figuring it out.Your long -term disability company and SSI will figure it out for you.

Congrats.

Aunnie