PDA

View Full Version : Very user friendly forum!

drz
11-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I have been on many support forums but find this one to be the most user friendly one I have found. I have given up on several others and encourage the administrators to check this one out as an example of how to do it right.

Congrats and thanks to our administrator for doing such a great job and running such a nice site!

me2
11-05-2010, 11:47 AM
I agree. The way Andrew has this site running is AWESOME. It is very high tech and yet so easy to use. If Andrew makes a telephone I will buy one
The A-phone. Or a music device, The A-pod. I will listen to A-tunes.

elephant
11-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Me too! Love to be here on this forum!

Sangye
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I love it, too. :thumbsup:

marta
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I am totally on board. I've been on a couple of other forums for other things and could never last more than a few minutes and never went back. This is super user friendly, mac and pc could learn a thing or two from Andrew. Andrew ROCKS!!!!!!:w00t:

Jack
11-05-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks to Andrew for setting up the site and initiating the atmosphere in the first place. However, much of its continued smooth running is also due to the nature of the membership who seem to behave themselves without prompting and sort out any minor misunderstandings.

I am a Moderator on another site and a large part of the job is sorting out fights between members and keeping them in line with the content of their posts. So a big thanks to all Weggie Forum members too! :)

Geoff
11-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I am a Moderator on another site and a large part of the job is sorting out fights between members and keeping them in line

The Iron fist inside the velvet glove...Jack the Guv'nor has spoken!!

P.S Can I also add my thanks to Andrew..A Fair Dinkum Bonzer Bloke!

chrisTIn@
11-06-2010, 12:38 AM
..A Fair Dinkum Bonzer Bloke!

A WHAT?? :w00t:
This site is well-designed and well-managed. I totally agree. :rolleyes1:

JanW
11-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Well, as much as I love the clean, crisp interface and ease of use of this forum, I mostly love it because YOU GUYS ROCK! I have never seen someone here give absolutely BS advice and have it be taken as fact; people don't pussyfoot around the fact that WG is a serious disease and urge people to get help now; people don't tell other people to 'think positive' when they are having a flare, and no one says "if your doctor says it -- it must be right. " Do you guys have any idea how rare that is?

I've been on other WG support forums, and was of course on pregnancy forums when I was having my kids and I just think the level of discourse and knowledge here is so much higher than anywhere I've ever been. I suspect we have scared off our fair share of newbies -- I don't think you can be in denial and live here -- but I also know that if I have any question at all someone is going to answer it -- probably within two hours -- with really useful advice.

Thanks all!

Geoff
11-06-2010, 01:47 AM

A bit of 'Strine' (australian slang) roughly translated as saying Andrew is a 'True, Genuine, Great Guy'

I'm Rapt to say!!:thumbup:

eileenv
11-06-2010, 04:05 AM
Said like a true Aussie Geoff, agree withyou all as to what an excellent site this is, sound, accurate advice advice always given. Yes Geoff, the Guv'nor has spoken!!. Well done Andrew.

andrew
11-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Wow, I only just stumbled on this thread now lol I should visit this place more often :wink1:

I have been on many support forums but find this one to be the most user friendly one I have found.

Some disagree with you :biggrin1: This reminds me that I need to put together some how-to's and make them available. Thanks for the compliment though!

I agree. The way Andrew has this site running is AWESOME. It is very high tech and yet so easy to use. If Andrew makes a telephone I will buy one
The A-phone. Or a music device, The A-pod. I will listen to A-tunes.

Hahaha, I'll get cracking on the A-Weg (Anti-WG ray gun) and work from there.

Thanks to Andrew for setting up the site and initiating the atmosphere in the first place. However, much of its continued smooth running is also due to the nature of the membership who seem to behave themselves without prompting and sort out any minor misunderstandings.

I am a Moderator on another site and a large part of the job is sorting out fights between members and keeping them in line with the content of their posts. So a big thanks to all Weggie Forum members too! :)

Absolutely agree, it's the members that make it what it is. I'm continually amazed that there isn't more bickering and spite. Don't let that be a signal to start, it's just an observation :hug1:

And I'll add some more Aussie for everyone's education: "ouryagarn". First one to guess it gets....well...the satisfaction of being first.

Jack
11-12-2010, 08:12 PM
ouryagarn - How are you going?

(Even Google could not help with this one unless you were referring to a French jet aircraft! ;) )

andrew
11-12-2010, 08:19 PM
Haha yeah I guess it wasn't too difficult. The trick is to say it with the Aussie accent and without moving your lips.

chrisTIn@
11-12-2010, 10:56 PM
Too difficult for me though.
And Google toolbar couldn't help me out on this.

But then I read your posts, Jack and Andrew, and now I'm practising the Aussie accent. Lol! :biggrin1:

andrew
11-12-2010, 11:19 PM
4P4u_I5EFFY
9r-BN398niA

Mild language warning on this one...

KwmqaVCLi0g

chrisTIn@
11-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Pretty hard to understand...:unsure:

...but I liked the sound of the Didgeridoo in the first two Youtube movies.