PDA

View Full Version : Yet another lovely pred side effect. Will it go away?

malin
11-04-2010, 01:08 AM
Hi guys!

Thanks to the lovely effects of pred, I now need a new engagement ring as a result of sausage fingers caused be pred. My ring finger has gone from a ring size P to a size T, that's a massive difference, 4 bloody sizes! :/

Since my engagment ring has diamonds in it, it would be a big risk to have it resized when there is such a gap between the two sizes. So I've got to buy a new one... lovely, don't you just LOVE all the fun side effects that pred has? :crying:

Anyway, my question is, should I go for a cheap temp. ring and then wait for my fingers to "reduce" or will my fingers always be like this now and I should just buy a higher class/quality ring?

And is this a common effect of pred or are my fingers just weird? :glare:

Sangye
11-04-2010, 01:16 AM
Malin, it's a common side effect. It won't last once you're on very low doses of pred or off it, but it's hard to know when that will be. I don't know what to suggest about the type of ring, just thought I'd tell you that your fingers are normal. :smile1:

Pred stinks, BTW.

malin
11-04-2010, 01:30 AM
Thank's Sangye, it's always nice to know that you're normal when your a weggie... atleast "normal" by weggie standards! :p

Jack
11-04-2010, 01:59 AM
I don't think you can count on anything lasting for ever. My rings were too tight to remove at one stage, but now I have had to change the finger I wear them on to stop them falling off!

elephant
11-04-2010, 03:25 AM
Just wait and see, they might go back to normal.

Hammy8241
11-04-2010, 03:32 AM
Get the lucky lad to buy you a diamond necklace for the ring so you can continue to wear it on you for now.........well he would if he really loved you..........:rolleyes1:

Brooke
11-04-2010, 03:33 AM
Hi Malin~ I have the same problem!! I am not on pred anymore, but my wedding ring hasn't fit in over 6 months. So, I went and bought a cheapy one with a bigger diamond! haha. Hopefully I can lose some weight sometime soon! Probably won't have the motivation since the Holidays are right around the corner. I would probably "weight" on gettting a higher class/cost ring.

freakyschizogirl
11-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Hey Malin i was gonna suggest just buying a chain for it to sit on...do ya really NEED it on your finger? As long as ya still have it...surely thats all that matters.

I saw my doc yesterday and he looked at my ECG results and had written, underlined and exclamation marked on the bottom "This is a Normal ECG!" lol i said well at least something is normal. I was so proud!

elephant
11-04-2010, 08:10 AM
That is good news to have ECG normal! How are you otherwise?

malin
11-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks guys! :)
I was thinking of a chain as well but I don't really like necklaces that much, I only really wear the really looong type of necklaces.
I ordered a cheaper but still very nice looking plain court style ring today, I think in the UK you call then wedding bands?, it's funny cus in Sweden you would have a plain ring as your engagement ring and then a more "bling" ring with diamonds or something as your Wedding ring but I think in the UK it is the other way around? Funny how it all works with traditions and stuff! :p

Oooh that is good news freaky! Well done! :D

marta
11-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi Malin,
I'm on the same page today as you. I forgot to take off my rings when I got into the hospital and have gotten 2000mg of pred in the last 24 hours plus some fluids so there is no way my rings are coming off. I'm gonna try and soap them off right away but I think I'm past that point. Oh prednisone, there is so much hate in our love for you.
A ring on the hand is worth two for a Weggie. (did that make sense to anyone?) my sense of humour eludes even me.

malin
11-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I know what you mean Marta :p

I just received a parcel with my new ring in it today! Woohoo it's like a mini - xmas! Haha
The ring is sooooo lovely! All shiny, smooth golden and lovely, and its a perfect fit! :D

chrisTIn@
11-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Good luck with your new shiny, smooth golden ring!
Sounds good! :cool1:

elephant
11-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Sounds very pretty!