PDA

View Full Version : I need to vent!

talentx7
11-01-2010, 10:19 AM
We woke up early this morning to be at Disneyland for Halloween. We have only beenable to use our passes once this year. Since Carters diagoses in May, we haven't done much of anything as a family. Carter was so looking forward to this. We got up to the gate, we handed the guy our passes, one at a time, 4 kids and my husband in. Then Carters turn, the guy looked at his picture, and said it wasn't him. (pre moon face). He started to cry, i started to cry. I was trying to explain with out upseting Carter more. A manager came up, looked at his pass and said, i think i see a resemblance. REALLY....WHO else would i take to disneyland!!! He told us we had to go to customer service so they can check our info. I was so angry, and Carter just wanted to leave. He is so insecure about his apperance anyway, now this!! I left with a customer service address, boy will they here from me!!!

Sangye
11-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Awww, how sad for Carter. Let 'em have it. I bet they'll give you annual passes for years to come. I'm sure they'll be upset that it happened to your brave boy. :sad:

pberggren1
11-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Yes, I agree with Sangye. Let 'em have it. Don't hold anything back. And like Sangye said they will feel obligated to give you guys annual passes for years to come.

elephant
11-01-2010, 12:39 PM
So sorry to hear that happened to your son, please do write them a letter re: ill mannered customer service!

DEE
11-01-2010, 04:07 PM
A simular think happened to me recently and i know how i felt , so go for it give them hell .

jola57
11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Shame on them, and both the ticket checker and the manager deserve a swift kick in the a**. I am so sorry for Carter and you, many, many hugs

Psyborg
11-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Definitely send them a letter. Really this is out of character for Disney, as far as I've seen they usually try to bend over backwards for sick kids. I'm guessing they will be very apologetic for causing him upset.

Sangye
11-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I agree with Psyborg. So many Make-A-Wish kids choose Disney vacations and I've always heard how wonderful they are. I think they'll feel horrible that this happened.

talentx7
11-02-2010, 01:07 AM
I hope they feel horrible, i was thinking about contacting a lawyer this morning. I can't believe that they could be so horrible. My son cried all night, he didn't even want to go trick or treating. It breaks my heart.

Sangye
11-02-2010, 02:16 AM
I don't think there are any grounds for a lawsuit if they truly didn't recognize the picture. Call Disneyland. They'll make it right.

WeggieParent
11-02-2010, 03:15 AM
OK, I actually cried when I read this. Breaks my heart for Carter. Definitely write a letter with all the details and I'd even attach pictures and tell them how disappointed you are in the Disney organization for ruining a happy family memory for you. Tell him my daughter who is 15 yrs old feels the exact same way as he does. Moon face sucks! Stand strong Carter!

JanW
11-02-2010, 04:43 AM
Write them a letter, absolutely.

It says something about the goodwill that Disney has built up over the years that we all believe that they will make this right.

LisaMarie
11-02-2010, 04:43 AM
My heart breaks for your family...Disney world in florida has always been a special place for me ....I pray they make it right.....Your son deserves an apoligy and those workers need a class in manners if not to be fired.....any idioit who has worked at disney long enough has seen sick kids and should recongnize our lovey moon faces....call and write a letter ...and i would go corp not just local....hope they make it right soon ....

freakyschizogirl
11-02-2010, 05:37 AM
I am truely shocked. I was at Disney world in Florida earlier this year and had nothing but good service. I understand why they have to check photo passes for security reasons but surely you're a big family..like you say why would you bring some random other child??

I cant believe they didnt let you in when you explained the situation. Especially the upset caused to your son. Be brave Carter. And chin up. Hugs all round to you and your family :hug1:

marta
11-02-2010, 06:21 AM
my heart goes out to Carter. It's so much tougher when you're a kid and haven't got your sense of 'fight' in you. I've got lots of spunk and fight and am not really that afraid of standing up to people, but I remember when I came to Canada at 11 years old how hard it was to stand up for myself when the other kids picked on me cuz I was different. I think it made me stronger in the long run, but it sucked at the time. So you fight for him and show him that he is the one in the right and the silly grown ups he had to listen to at Dysney were the ones in the wrong.

You go mom. I'm with you in spirit, throwing punches.

RCOSSIO
11-02-2010, 01:04 PM
Does the mouse need a beating??????

Doesn't Disney know what happens to Weggies on Pred:mad1::mad1::mad1:

pberggren1
11-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Does the mouse need a beating??????

Doesn't Disney know what happens to Weggies on Pred:mad1::mad1::mad1:

Oh, come on now Richard. You would not hurt Mickey now, would you?:unsure:

Sangye
11-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Carter is only 7 (or 8?). :sad:

RCOSSIO
11-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Phil...I have a mouse trap with peanut butter!

manalolana
11-07-2010, 06:46 AM
Richard, lol!

I hate having the moon face and the bloating too. I fluctuate 3-5% of my body weight at any time.

I work in travel industry and my primary responsibility is to market to consumer direct. With that said, we don't like any negative consumer comments when posted in public. Here are links to facebook and tripadvisor. Although the comment was most likely done intentionally, it won't be a bad idea to have them have some sensitivity training with their staff it seems.

Welcome to Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages&tid=1718534286763#!/WaltDisneyWorld)
Walt Disney World - Orlando - Reviews of Walt Disney World - TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g34515-d143394-Reviews-Walt_Disney_World-Orlando_Florida.html)

Thing about writing to the companies direct, you typically get the attention of line manager vs the public sites like these, many execs see them too.

Keep us posted on how things go.

Jack
11-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Although the moon face is very obvious to us and certainly caused me some self image problems, I don't think it is that obvious to others. They just see someone with a very round face and think it is normal.

elephant
11-07-2010, 07:39 AM
About four months ago there was some confusion in the docs office, they could not believe it was me. My Rhuemy's office took a picture of me when I was on 60 mg of pred for the second time around....my face was very round like everyone else's. Now my face has thinned out, I guess some of the new people they hired at the office were shocked that it was me. They kept asking did you lose a bunch of weight?? I was like," What are you talking about?" Come here and look at your picture...Yea that was me on high doses of pred! They told me to get another picture taken immediatly...but I decided not too...

freakyschizogirl
11-07-2010, 07:46 AM
I was very upset on Tues when my chest consultant said i had a rounded face (moon face to you and me) I said no thats just my face!!
I honestly dont think i got a moonface cos i was only on 60mg pred for one week then tapered down to 10. Nice confidence boost tho!!

drz
11-07-2010, 10:45 AM
About four months ago there was some confusion in the docs office, they could not believe it was me. My Rhuemy's office took a picture of me when I was on 60 mg of pred for the second time around....my face was very round like everyone else's. Now my face has thinned out, I guess some of the new people they hired at the office were shocked that it was me. They kept asking did you lose a bunch of weight?? I was like," What are you talking about?" Come here and look at your picture...Yea that was me on high doses of pred! They told me to get another picture taken immediatly...but I decided not too...

I gained 30 pounds and face became very round. Some one came to visit me at nursing home and didn't recognize me. When they knew it was me they commented that I had finally gained some weight. Anyone who has been on steroids knows the side effects and recognizes it for what it is right a way. My round face has started to go down some as prednisone dosage has tapered to 12.5 daily. A recent comment was your face isn't as puffy and you look better. I have heard it takes a while before you go back to old look and weight.

Sangye
11-07-2010, 11:48 AM
You won't automatically go back to your old weight. For many people it's incredibly difficult. Also, the general body shape change from pred often lasts.

LisaMarie
11-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Dang It SAngye.....i thought pred decrease body decrease....you burst my happy bubble....I am down to 30 mg and will be at 20 mg by next week whoohoo.......more salad and catus for me......lots of h2o and tons of greek yogart.....oh well it is almost christmas ...will concentrate on weight loss after that.....got baking to do which will take me longer this year then ever since i tire so easily.....hugs to all us moon face weggies ...oh i found a recipe for snicker doddle moon pies....I'll tell ya how it turns out

flana
11-07-2010, 02:11 PM
It's tough... When I was diagnosed in April 2009, I lost about 20lbs, and then gained about 50lbs at peak. I decided I would not take it... So started to jog and lift weights... after about a year or so, I have been able to loose only about 10lbs. But i am not loosing heart... I continue to lose weight. If I can shed another 10lbs i think I will call it a victory. But it is hard cuz I am also going through Osteoporosis. I am coming to terms with my body & it's weight. I hate to go to the gym just as I hate to brush my teeth, but know it is for a good cause.

Keep up the good spirits y'al weggies...

Jack
11-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I think I'm one of the few on here who have lost weight to the point of it becoming a problem. I'm now at around half the weight I used to be and look like a starvation victim. :sad:

elephant
11-08-2010, 12:43 AM
I was able to get back to my normal weight, but like I said before I have a high metabolism and all the women in our family are average to under weight.

DEE
11-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Elephant please can i borrow your high metabolism :flapper:
not matter how much or how little i eat my weight is stuck been trying to walk alittle further each day that use to work
maybe its like what hubby said rhis mirning when i was talking about loosing my teeth and what had already be said on the forum , his reply maybe you should ask the younger ones , maybe its just your age :predrage:
guess who vacuming and cooking dinner
me , im going out for girlie chat and haircut :thumbsup:

elephant
11-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Dee, you sure can. Enjoy your haircut and girlie chat!

Hammy8241
11-08-2010, 05:19 AM
me , im going out for girlie chat and haircut :thumbsup:

Talk away Dee. The average woman must use loads of Cals yapping in a day....... and you are special ... to us anyway and the haircut will lose you a few grams too. You should feel like a new woman tomorrow - i know i do!:biggrin1:

DEE
11-08-2010, 05:52 AM
im back ,just a short chat today , well a couple of hours or more:rolleyes1: haircut by friends daughter AND its now thicker and bald patches nearly covered again
watch this space once i have eyes ,teeth sorted and off the preds hubby will think he's in the wrong house :flapper:

talentx7
11-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I just recieved a phone call from a manager at Disneyland. She was horrified at our treatment and extended our families (7 of us, plus my mom who was with us) passports for 6 months plus gave us 8 tickets for some of his friends to join him. She was very nice and gave me her personal number incase we had any additional problems. I am so glad I wrote to them! Thanks everyone :)))

Hammy8241
11-10-2010, 08:35 AM
Hooray! Well done. So pleased for you and your family. Sweet taste of success.:thumbsup:

Psyborg
11-10-2010, 08:51 AM
That's exactly what I hoped to hear. Good job contacting them.

Sangye
11-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Great to hear. I knew they'd make it right. I hope you all have a blast on your next visits. :smile1:

elephant
11-10-2010, 10:38 AM
I am so happy about the good news! Have a blast at Disney!

flana
11-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Very nice!!!!!

Doug
11-11-2010, 03:01 AM
The Disney people more than exceeded anything I would have expected. I'm glad Carter gets a chance to find that people can be good, too. It's tough being a child with a major illness.

DEE
11-11-2010, 04:32 AM
Great news DEEx

manalolana
11-11-2010, 04:55 AM
That's fantastic!

Geoff
11-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Everyone likes a story with a Happy Ending! Hope you all have a wonderful time when you go again.

LisaMarie
11-13-2010, 07:22 AM
So happy for you and your family....only wish they would have flown you all out to disney world...they have wonderful staff there....hope you all have a blast..take lots of pics to share

janNaz
11-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Sweeeet! That is awesome!