PDA

View Full Version : Methotrexate Recall October 27, 2010

marta
10-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Hi gang, there's a mtx recall in the States. Here is a link to the press release and lot numbers:

Sandoz initiates voluntary recall in the US of all 50mg/2mL and 250mg/10mL vials of Methotrexate Injection, USP due to the presence of glass particulates (http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm231430.htm)

Hope all are doing well.

marta

pberggren1
10-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Yikes! This sounds serious.

DuaneHart
10-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you so much for the alert on the recall! My mtx luckily was not manufactured by either of the two companies. Thanks again!

elephant
10-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Thanks Marta!

Sangye
10-31-2010, 01:30 AM
Additionally, GlaxoSmithKline was fined $750 million last week because of poor manufacturing standards with its drugs. Who knows how many people suffered or died as a result of this? Bactroban is on the list-- a drug many Weggies use.
GlaxoSmithKline to Pay $750M Settlement for Selling Faulty Drugs (http://www.aolnews.com/surge-desk/article/glaxosmithkline-to-pay-750m-settlement-for-selling-faulty-drugs/19690395)

GSK is the same company that makes Avandia (one of the drugs listed in the article), which has caused tens of thousands of heart attacks. GSK knew the risks and kept it on the market anyway. Because of their lobbying power, it remains on the market but can only be prescribed for patients who fail on other drugs.

:angry:

Jack
10-31-2010, 01:56 AM
Sangye does not like the drugs companies! :predrage:

elephant
10-31-2010, 02:11 AM
We all have to take medicine to keep us alive. I often wonder about these medicines that I get from Medco and am I getting the correct dosage. It's always a concern. We are all vulnerable!

pberggren1
10-31-2010, 05:35 AM
Who does like the drug companies?

Sangye, bactroban, is that the same thing I use as an ointment?

Sangye
10-31-2010, 12:47 PM
Sangye does not like the drugs companies! :predrage:
LOL That's true, I don't! I want the truth out there. I'm really sick of people bashing nutritional supplements as being high-risk when stuff like this is going on everyday. Glass in mtx, mixed dosages and contaminants in meds...Aren't those the very same fears people have about nutritional supplements?

I also have a major problem with the lobbying power that pharmaceutical companies have in our country and how the absurdly high costs of their products prevent millions of people from getting the care they need. They gave millions of dollars to weaken health care reform, which means people can't even afford insurance that might help pay for their drugs.

Yesterday I got an email from Dr Seo asking if I'd be interested in doing an advertisement for Genentech (the manufacturer of rtx) since I've had such a good experience with it. No way! They're charging $10,000 PER DOSE, which leaves many Weggies and others unable to have access to it. When they make their drugs affordable and stop pushing a political agenda that harms people, maybe we'll talk. :mad1:

pberggren1
10-31-2010, 01:49 PM
I agree with your 100% Sangye. There should be a greater cooperation between mainstream med and holistic med.

drz
11-01-2010, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=Sangye;

I also have a major problem with the lobbying power that pharmaceutical companies have in our country and how the absurdly high costs of their products prevent millions of people from getting the care they need. They gave millions of dollars to weaken health care reform, which means people can't even afford insurance that might help pay for their drugs.

:[/QUOTE]

Now if you include the other main author for our so called health care reform--the insurance companies-- it is easy to understand why it came up so short in meaningful reform to help the average consumer of health care.

Any thoughts on which camp is worse for us? Unfortunately we need them both to survive.

Sangye
11-01-2010, 11:23 AM
It's true that they're both guilty. Sadly, I don't see one as being less evil than the other.

jola57
11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Now that is something I totaly agree with:thumbsup: