PDA

View Full Version : Surgery on a deviated septum

Palmyra
10-22-2010, 05:28 AM
First of all, Sangye, thank you for the messages within Reality Check. That is what I need advice regarding, now.

I am asking for group experience with local surgeons VS vasculitis center surgeons, to work on a deviated septum in the face of chronic infection.

Any opinions?

Thanks for all input in advance,
Palmyra, mom of Alison

JanW
10-22-2010, 06:27 AM
I answered in the other thread.

pberggren1
10-22-2010, 06:54 AM
I would not get surgery unless absolutely neccessary and would consult with the big dogs like Lebovicks.

Geoff
10-22-2010, 07:33 AM
Reference Pic 4 in my album MBF to see how I was before DX. I was complaining of sinus issues etc and they operated to straighten things out. The bad news was that less than 2 months later I started major syptoms which culminated in Wegs confirmation, the good news is that I can taste and smell things like never before. My limited knowledge of this illness leads me to believe that the nose and surrounding area is pretty much the epicentre or possible 'control room' ? Like Phil says unless you are really struggling to breath or other such syptoms, I would consult with as many major authorities as possible before making my decision.

Palmyra
10-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks folks, for all the words and advice. We will be consulting with one of the major centers, if not going there. Second opinions are in order from one with experience. I will keep you posted on status!