PDA

View Full Version : Bursitis

gwenllian111
10-19-2010, 06:02 AM
Hello

Anyone else suffer with bursitis - inflammation of the tissue surrounding the muscle? All new to me, but I had an u/s of shoulder today, which showed some inflammation but the shoulder joint itself is fine. Is it a WG thing?

Thanks!

elephant
10-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Gwen, the exact same thing happened to me to the point where I could not even lift my arm ( I was not diagnosed with WG at this time), I blamed it on carrying my daughter...the doc had to give me a prednisone taper ( high dose ) and that worked...but month later my left wrist swelled up.....
It could be WG. How are you doing otherwise?

JanW
10-19-2010, 08:15 AM
I'm with elephant in saying that almost any inflammation could probably have something to do with WG. My rheumy sent me to a derm within 24 hours to see about a rash he didn't think was WG, just to be on the safe side. We have to be very careful!

gwenllian111
10-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Hmm interesting! Is your bursitis better now? I've been having a painful wrist too, but worse in the morning - gets better as the day goes on. I have my shoulder injected with steroid, which helps.

I've got an annoying rash on my leg too, almost like bloody scabs eeew gross. What was your rash like Jan?

Seeing rheumy on thursday. need more ritix i think!!!!!

elephant
10-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Gwen, it sounds like it's the WG. It won't go away....until the WG is controlled. I have no more swollen/pain full joints. The WG joint pain travel around my body...after it went to my wrist...of course it waited a couple months it went to my knee....so I limped around....then it went to the other knee...could hardly walk. I even went to a orthopedic surgeon and they suggested that I need a MRI and possible knee surgery.....but I decided not to go that route...thankfully....because soon after that I became deafer...

Sangye
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Gwen, that sounds like Wegs. I've had similar shoulder pain when Wegs is active. I suggest you avoid steroid injections into your joints, as they destroy cartilage. If it isn't Wegs there are many safer treatments than cortisone injections.

Happy Camper
10-19-2010, 01:55 PM
I had similar shoulder pain right before I was first diagnosed I thought I needed a new mattress LOL! As soon as I got my Wegener's under control it has been gone

jola57
10-19-2010, 07:31 PM
Gwen, Sangye is 100% right. For a limited time of relief the joint destruction is permanent. I suffered for 6 years without knowing why. It got to a point that my left shoulder is about 1 and half inch higher than my right. After diagnosis it took almost 2 years for the pain to go away and now only gives me trouble ocasionaly. If you can bear it, do not take the injections.

Sangye
10-20-2010, 02:09 AM
Gwen, I also wanted to add that my Wegs joint pain is not isolated to the joint but affects the entire joint capsule--the soft tissue surrounding a joint.

Psyborg
10-20-2010, 03:08 AM
This is very much like the pain I had. I too was having serious pain after sleeping (bought a bed cushion trying to fight it). Now that I'm being treated I mostly seem to be free of it, but I still have a migrating pain on and off, which does concern me a bit.

Col 23
10-22-2010, 01:17 AM
Hi Gwen
I also have and still get all those symptoms. The shoulder pain has not returned but cant walk properly most days due to knees, ankles and feet very painful. Docs gave me anti inflammatory and pain killer drugs which help sometimes. cheers Col 23

elephant
10-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Col, that was mean before diagnosis...sounds like WG is still hanging with you!

Sangye
10-22-2010, 01:44 AM
Hi Col, how are you? I hope you're not still having that kind of pain. If you are, your docs should not be loading you with painkillers and anti-inflammatories, they should be treating the Wegs.