PDA

View Full Version : Upbeat News

Geoff
10-15-2010, 12:04 AM
Recent pictures from the San Jose mine in Chile bringing the elation and joy into our homes have blown me away.
Its been a huge pick me up as normally we are bombarded by negativity, and the song "Only Living Boy in New York" by Paul Simon with the line ' I get the news I need from the weather report'. seeming very appropiate.
The whole rescue operation has illustrated how when everyone pulls together amazing things can happen.
Perhaps we can replicate that end result through our Forum, what with all the help, advice and general encouragement that goes on. I like to think we can!!:thumbsup:

eileenv
10-15-2010, 12:49 AM
Yes Geoff i totally agree absolutly brilliant news and just goes to show what can be achieved when everyone pulls togeather.

freakyschizogirl
10-15-2010, 03:58 AM
Yeah we need some of those NASA guys who made a program for them with things to do so they didnt get bored. lol

elephant
10-15-2010, 05:01 AM
I watched most of it on CNN yesterday, it was very moving. I could not imagine being down there one day!

marta
10-15-2010, 07:35 AM
I love happy tears, and there were some of those flowing yesterday. How totally cool that they all got out. How totally cool the human spirit. How totally cool the power of many.