PDA

View Full Version : Help me make a t-shirt decision

marta
10-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Hi gang,

Just did another t-shirt design - Weggie Pride Parade - and would like to order some and get some printed but I can't do them all, so I need to make a 'sorta' educated decision on which would be most popular in order to make it affordable. I will still tweak the words in the awareness bubble.

Check them out here ( Weggies Unite: The T-Shirts (http://weggiesunite.blogspot.com/p/t-shirts.html) ) and vote for your faves on the poll on the upper right hand side of the page.

I will have some made and printed soon. Just in time for Christmas. ha ha.

The money from this will go towards 'Our Book' and then any money from that will go to research for WG.

Gracias Amigos.

jola57
10-09-2010, 02:34 PM
They are wonderful, I laughed so hard. How soon can I get one, i am going away on 5th of November and would LOVE to have a couple with me

marta
10-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi Jola,

I think that's a tight timeline for me. I still have to order the blank shirts and then get them printed - plus I have to go to the city for some doctor action for a few days around the 20th. Just out of curiosity which one(s) would you be interested in? Are taking off to Poland? Maybe I can send them there.

By the way, the newest one (you can't see it very well in the preview) has 20,000 faces on the shirt (yup, I put 20,000 in there) and the Weggie Pride Parade is one little tiny Weggie shaking (on pred) but smiling of course, walking through the parade path. 1 in 20,000. I thought it was a good way to illustrate how rare it/we is/are.

GigiWendy
10-10-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure where you live, but there are some websites like cafepress.com, where you can upload your images and t-shirt design and choose what color t-shirts you want and styles, and then people can then go to the website and order them at will, without you having to print them out. Would save you some cash anyway. CafePress.com : Sell Your Designs, Photos and Images on CafePress.com : Introduction (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=learn&page=learn) Not much profit in it though (10% of sales). Just an idea.

I haven't been diagnosed with wegener's, but am in testing right now to see if I do have it. Been watching the forum for a couple weeks now. I have many symptoms (severe joint pain, severe fatigue, eye pain, ear pain, chronic sinusitis and nodules in lungs, feel like I have a bladder infection but no bacteria, etc.). Had anca drawn over a week ago and no results yet. We shall see.

Sangye
10-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Marta, those are hilarious....

GigiWendy, welcome to the group. I hope you get an answer soon about your symptoms!

elephant
10-10-2010, 03:33 AM
Hi GigiWendy, sounds so familar....but hoping it's not WG. Lets us know how you are doing.

marta
10-10-2010, 05:05 AM
Hi GigiWendy, sorry to hear what you're going through. It's a bittersweet moment when you get diagnosed, but I know for me it was more sweet than bitter, so hopefully things start moving on a more positive tangent for you soon.

I've considered the cafepress option (Doug had suggested it earlier on in the planning phases,) but I also want to use the money from the shirts to pay for the book (I don't think any publisher will just pick us up, so I think I'll have to pay to get it published) so I'd like to make as much money as possible. I'll also try and sell some here in my town and in Edmonton, and try and raise some awareness here too. My husband has friends that are anchors at various tv stations (due to his line of work) and maybe I'll hit them up to buy some shirts too and they might pick it up as a story as well.

I hope you get your answer soon. Take care.

freakyschizogirl
10-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Hi GigiWendy. Welcome to the group. I hope for your sake you get some answers and the results to your ANCA's soon.

And marta i comlpetely agree...its very bitter sweet. more bitter than sweet at the mo but i know it'll get better. And actually i've reaslised how fantastic my friends are...they've all been there for me this week. Makes me feel very lucky.

And i couldn't pick one tshirt idea...they're all fab

Sangye
10-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Freaky, I can tell the reality of Wegs is really hitting you this week as you start the meds. I'm so sorry. It was bitter for me at diagnosis, too--nothing sweet about it. I thought I had something that was easy to treat (if we could just figure out what it was!), and that it could be treated holistically. I didn't anticipate the nightmare that Wegs can be. I'm not feeling too cheery about it right now, either. I'm sure you'll do alright-- you're off to a much better start than I was and hopefully we can all help you avoid many of the obstacles that block(ed) my recovery.

freakyschizogirl
10-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Freaky, I can tell the reality of Wegs is really hitting you this week as you start the meds. I'm so sorry. It was bitter for me at diagnosis, too--nothing sweet about it. I thought I had something that was easy to treat (if we could just figure out what it was!), and that it could be treated holistically. I didn't anticipate the nightmare that Wegs can be. I'm not feeling too cheery about it right now, either. I'm sure you'll do alright-- you're off to a much better start than I was and hopefully we can all help you avoid many of the obstacles that block(ed) my recovery.

I cant thank all of you enough for the invaluable advice i have got from all of you this week. And pointing me in the right direction.

Yeah i'm sad to say Wegs bit me this week...but i intend to bite back. I'm determined it wont stop me. And i know i am incredibly lucky to have a it localised. Especially after having it roaming free for 3 years untreated.

Doug
10-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Marta ~ In a bit over a year of availability, a total of 5 t-shirts with the "Body by Prednisone" on front, and the Vasculitis Foundation website on back were purchased. Amount raised for VF: $22.55. In that same period, two mugs with VF support themes sold (I know I bought the "New Normal" one, but the other is of one of two designs- not clear on Zazzle.com's summary). Amount raised for VF: $2.40. I was unaware of how to access this information till today when I was putting a Captain Me-Ow design on a mug. Not a huge amount since August 2009: $24.95! Now I know what to sent VF at least, and how to track it.

I mention this because you will hold onto an inventory of t-shirts that you will need to promote to sell. The Zazzle.com option has user support for product promotion internationally in all the major markets speaking English, some in Latin America. The customers pay in local currency, and you received the profits (ranging from 10% at the bottom to whatever the market will bear at the top....) in the currency of your choice. You can access an itemized list, by product, customer, amount sold, royalty, date. This can help show the distribution of sales to a point you can see where to pinpoint promotions. That presumes increasing sales.

I don't know how hard you intend to promote these t-shirts, but customers expect options for size and color, even the possibility of different designs and clothing types, not to mention mugs, hoodies, postage, any number of things that spread the message (you can set up all the designs on Zazzle.com at no cost to you, whereas you have to come up with what we on the website think will sell, and spend money for setup for each design).

I am not an especially business-minded person, which accounts for little action on the items I put together, but I fear you are going to find out it is almost as hard to sell t-shirts as it is to get drug companies to so research on a safer toxic cocktail for weggies. I hope I am wrong. I forget how many active members there are on this site- 150 maybe- which will not be enough sales to publish the book even if each one of us buys a t-shirt after you subtract out cost for the t-shirts, etc. You can't even count on every active member buying a t-shirt. Some people won't wear such clothes (Prednisone bodies in tight clothes ~ meh!) Oh, and shipping costs. There are so many things involved!

Please don't let this discussion limit your plan. I think it is quite ambitious but very worthy! (I'm supporting you.) Please just feel my effort was to help inform you of the huge risks you take doing this sort of thing, and what may reduce those risks in case people don't flock to you to give you support. I also think you'd be smart to set up a thread as a kind of store on this website to make it easier to find you when the time come to help you with orders and precious monies!

jola57
10-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Hi Marta, Poland for 3 days and London UK for 3, so thanks but no place to send it to. I am taking my Mum to see more of Europe than Poland. This is a promise I made yo her a few years back. She is 77 and getting to the point of not wanting to travel.

elephant
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
That is so sweet of you Jolanta, have a great time. She will remember this wonderful time with you.

Sangye
10-13-2010, 01:53 AM
I hope you and your mom have a great time together, Jolanta. :smile1:

jola57
10-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, well that depends on how much time we spend together. Mom rehashes all my perceived failures with grreat relish these days.

DEE
10-13-2010, 04:36 PM
hope you rnjoy your time away DEE x

marta
10-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Doug, I've taken your advice. I'm on Zazzle and I've put a bunch of stuff in 'my store' - ha ha, that sounds so funny. I'll also order a few shirts to push on people face to face, but you can all go there and shop to your heart's content. Jola, I'm not sure how long it takes for shipping, but you might be able to get some before you leave, (have an awesome time with mom by the way) or they might be able to order them directly. I've also made some other goodies, coffee mugs, to-go mugs, I'll keep playing - Jack, anything you like? a tie? some stickers? let me know and I'll make something special just for you. I've also made a couple that are for Weggie lovers or supporters (however you want to look at it) as well as some without any reference to WG but Pred oriented - thought we might get some flow over from other people dealing with the wonderful side effects of prednisone.

Here's the link: WeggiesUnite: Products: Zazzle.com Store (http://www.zazzle.com/weggiesunite/gifts)

Have fun and give me feedback or ideas, I'm always open.

DEE
10-13-2010, 11:23 PM
just looked at t shirts have posted on hubbies laptop :rolleyes1:think that will be a big enough hint DEEx

Sangye
10-14-2010, 02:36 AM
Yes, well that depends on how much time we spend together. Mom rehashes all my perceived failures with grreat relish these days.
Oh man, flashbacks flashbacks... :glare::laugh:

elephant
10-14-2010, 06:07 AM
All I can say if I was your mom Jolanta and Sangye, I would be proud of all your accomplishments and wonderful human beings!

Doug
10-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Doug, I've taken your advice. I'm on Zazzle and I've put a bunch of stuff in 'my store' - ha ha, that sounds so funny. I'll also order a few shirts to push on people face to face, but you can all go there and shop to your heart's content. Jola, I'm not sure how long it takes for shipping, but you might be able to get some before you leave, (have an awesome time with mom by the way) or they might be able to order them directly. I've also made some other goodies, coffee mugs, to-go mugs, I'll keep playing - Jack, anything you like? a tie? some stickers? let me know and I'll make something special just for you. I've also made a couple that are for Weggie lovers or supporters (however you want to look at it) as well as some without any reference to WG but Pred oriented - thought we might get some flow over from other people dealing with the wonderful side effects of prednisone.

Here's the link: WeggiesUnite: Products: Zazzle.com Store (http://www.zazzle.com/weggiesunite/gifts)

Have fun and give me feedback or ideas, I'm always open.

I've been there, as you may already know from a comment I posted elsewhere.

I can vouch for the quality of product. In the USA, about a week passes from placing the order to receiving it. Considering the product isn't made until you place the order, this is phenomenal. They are good about letting you know when your order is qeued for shipping, etc.

Marta's designs are a delight! I especially like the one with a stickman going through the hourly changes of being charged up with Prednisone! I've ordered a couple items already and hope we can support this project Marta has taken on!

There is a 10% off sale if you type SWEETESTDEAL in the gift or coupon box, but it ends this Saturday (October 16th).

weggiesunite - Remember this or write it down, because you will need to put it in the upper left hand search box. The right hands search box has a drop down list of types of items with designs by weggieunite, Marta's "store name".

If you don't put the store name in the left hand search box, it brings up every design ever made for that item, and that can be- I kid you not!- billions of designs and design variations (different styles of t-shirts, types of mugs, etc., for each design in their file).

pberggren1
10-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Thank you for the valuable information Doug.

Doug
10-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Thank you for the valuable information Doug.

You're welcome, Phil. While it isn't a hard website to navigate, it takes a little practice. I hope the comments I've posted shoprtens the learning curve for new users.

marta
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Doug, you rock!

Doug
10-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks, Marta. We all are in this together. Cindy's heroic climb, your super store, there are exciting things happening that show we want a better way to spend our lives, that we want not to be victims of poor doctors and hospitals, insurance companies that see money not living human beings as their reason to exist, and others who just don't get it when we tell them we are weggies, not victims, not profit margins, not weak so walk all over us. I feel charged with the weggiesunite spirit!

marta
10-14-2010, 04:07 PM
That made me teary Doug. I feel charged being part of such a cool group of amazing people.

Doug
10-14-2010, 04:10 PM
What you are doing is hard, and you are willing to go over the line that separates you from your comfort zone to do something about increasing awareness of WG. As a weggie, I have to applaud that. I don't have the strength to do it.

marta
10-14-2010, 04:18 PM
It's not hard, it's fun... it's what I like to do and that's why I say I'm glad you guys like the insanity that comes flowing out of my three brain cells.

My co-workers laugh at me when I tell them what I'm doing with you guys because when I was working I was that crazy person who'd come up with an idea and then I'd make it happen - no matter what kind of cookiness it took to make it happen - that's a funny thing when you work for the government and have to jump the 'odd' beurocratic hoop... :wink1:

So if you feed me ideas, I can make them into reality. If I can clink on my keyboard, I can do it.

Doug
10-17-2010, 03:00 AM
Cindy Adams climbed Mt. Everest, marta.

marta
10-17-2010, 04:24 PM
THAT is hard. What I'm doing is fun and easy as I just sit at my computer and play.

jola57
10-19-2010, 07:57 PM
wonderful designs Marta

Cindy R
10-20-2010, 06:38 AM
I really like the parade t-shirt. Do you plan on putting that one in the zazzle store?

marta
10-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey Cindy,

I can't put the parade shirt on there because they have a very limited space you can put images on, and the one I designed takes up the entire surface of the shirt. I'll have to either find a different place to put that one up for sale or get them custom made and send them out to people. Still working on that one. Sure gets the message of our 'uniqueness' across though, doesn't it? I'll keep you posted.

Psyborg
10-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Got my new shirt, and sporting it now :) 0-Pred Rage in 2.3

Geoff
10-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Nice One Psyborg, you beat me to it! You going to post a picture ot two?
Who knows it could be the start of a whole new career!

Doug
10-24-2010, 06:15 AM

The first part of what I ordered came today!

elephant
10-24-2010, 09:34 AM
What did you put in it? Coffee? Hot cocoa? Tea? It's cute!

Doug
10-24-2010, 10:01 AM
Nothing yet, elephant. I plan on putting it to use for coffee tomorrow morning!

elephant
10-24-2010, 11:44 AM
Enjoy your coffee with your weggie cup friends. You probably will have little names for all of them.

marta
10-24-2010, 02:58 PM

The first part of what I ordered came today!

Nice cup, but who's that handsome dude hiding behind it?

Doug
10-25-2010, 03:25 AM
Someone who seriously Photoshopped the image to make sure only the good parts show, Marta...!

marta
10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Well there's some good looking Weggie Guy in the back so good job with the photoshopping.

pberggren1
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Well there's some good looking Weggie Guy in the back so good job with the photoshopping.

That is probably me in the background then.

marta
10-25-2010, 08:51 AM
haha ha hahahah - you're a funny guy Phil. No photoshop required for you, you're up there and givin'er - like we say in Canada, eh?

DEE
10-25-2010, 11:25 PM
just got my hoodie:thumbsup:
size very generous , mine alittle on the large size and no not going o grow into it :flapper:
i always have problem with the sleeves but its still brill will get hubby to take photo when hes home and will post it
just waiting for car stiker now:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DEE
10-25-2010, 11:26 PM
ps will wear it to eye hospital tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elephant
10-26-2010, 03:24 AM
Hope all goes well tomorrow, I will be thinking about you.

jola57
10-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Looking foward to my shipment.

Doug
10-28-2010, 05:27 AM
I got the cap yesterday or the day before- you know how time blurs when you are retired. (What?! Yer still working?!) I don't ordinarily wear a cap, but I believe the little snow flurries and the blustery wind I see outside today may make me reconsider my folly.

marta
06-08-2012, 03:32 AM
There's a sale on at Zazzle where everything is 15% off. I know things are expensive there, but thought I'd pass it on in case anyone is interested. The code to use at checkout to get the 15% off is 15EVERYTHING . I've bought quite a few things there (love my Pred Rage high tops) but my advice is stay away from the hoodies. I find mine is too bulky in the body and too tight around my pred neck (I think it would be too tight around the neck for anyone actually, not just us special pred altered creatures)

Just thought I'd pass it on in case you're interested. Here's the link to the Weggie store: WeggiesUnite: Home: Zazzle.ca Store (http://www.zazzle.ca/weggiesunite*)

Peace.

pberggren1
06-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks, we are unique creatures for sure.