PDA

View Full Version : pain int the tip of nose

shadow
09-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Has anyone had problems with pain in the nose? Mine is in the soft part under the septum.
Shari

marta
09-30-2010, 03:16 AM
I had that a few weeks ago, but it left as mysteriously as it came... it took about three/four days to depart.

shadow
09-30-2010, 03:26 AM
My ent thinks fungal inf waitingf for ct results but getting worse

freakyschizogirl
09-30-2010, 03:55 AM
My sympathy for you shadow (and great name btw)

I have pain in my nose nearly every day. But thats sinus related methinks. Oh and the hole in my septum. Do you have saddle nose??

elephant
09-30-2010, 05:24 AM
I too get minor pain in my nose ( the left side mainly) I had four surgeries on the left side sinus maxillar. It is very damaged...so it will never be the same.

pberggren1
09-30-2010, 05:31 AM
My right nostril has been sore inside for at least the past 2 months. It is a small area close to the septum and close to the opening of the nose. It is very tender and raw looking, something like raw hamburger or meat. As long as I keep it moist and don't touch the nose then it is usually OK for a while. I don't see my ENT until end of October. Another ENT did a biopsy on that nostril back on June 2 but it didn't start hurting until early August.

elephant
09-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Phil, it is an infection. That is what mine looked like in June when the ENT scoped my nose. He put me on Bactrim. I know you are on powerful anitibiotics. You need to have it cultured soon, it could be fungi or some other bacterial infection.

pberggren1
09-30-2010, 05:43 AM
Phil, it is an infection. That is what mine looked like in June when the ENT scoped my nose. He put me on Bactrim. I know you are on powerful anitibiotics. You need to have it cultured soon, it could be fungi or some other bacterial infection.

I will mention it to my doc today.

Sangye
09-30-2010, 11:20 AM
I've had nose-tip pain for several months. No other nose involvement, but when I push the tip of my nose it's extremely painful. It can be worse one day than another. If I don't touch it, it doesn't hurt at all. The ENT and the otologist don't see anything wrong. I think the cartilage is inflamed but as long as it's not progressing I'm just keeping an eye on it. Before the rtx got the Wegs under control it did seem to be progressing.

pberggren1
09-30-2010, 11:39 AM
I've had nose-tip pain for several months. No other nose involvement, but when I push the tip of my nose it's extremely painful. It can be worse one day than another. If I don't touch it, it doesn't hurt at all. The ENT and the otologist don't see anything wrong. I think the cartilage is inflamed but as long as it's not progressing I'm just keeping an eye on it. Before the rtx got the Wegs under control it did seem to be progressing.

That seems strange Sangye. Does it feel like it is inside one of the nostrils? But you know your body better than anyone else.

Sangye
09-30-2010, 01:04 PM
It's not at all on the surface. Feels like it's actually in the cartilage.

shadow
09-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I don't have saddle bridge. The ent thinks it's a bug so a bout with Cipro and 2 days off wrk
Too keep me quiet.
Shari

pberggren1
09-30-2010, 03:43 PM
It's not at all on the surface. Feels like it's actually in the cartilage.

Maybe that is what is going on with mine too.:unsure:

Sangye
09-30-2010, 11:44 PM
Phil, I mean that if you look at my nose (inside or out) it looks completely normal. I think yours is different.

JanW
09-30-2010, 11:49 PM
I had serious pain on the bridge of my nose before it collapsed, but it was quite some time (6 months of more) before I noticed any change, and my then I had no pain. I do have a saddle nose.

marta
10-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Jan, could they have stopped it from collapsing had they caught it while it was hurting you? Or is it one of those things that once it gets going it goes the full journey? I was wondering that when my nose was hurting.

JanW
10-02-2010, 12:43 AM
I think the answer to that is that the tissue was already dying, the disease wasn't under control and getting it under control would have taken a while, so no. And it didn't hurt so badly that you would go to a doc for anything other than a sinus head. I mean, it didn't feel like what you would assume dying tissue in your body would feel like, if you understand my meaning.

And the good news is, if you go into remission, and they fix it and you have a flare -- it can easily collapse again!

marta
10-02-2010, 03:44 AM
wow. that's just so out there. Wegs is nuts. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Even if they fix it, it can collapse again? If they fix it wouldn't they put something man made to hold up the structure so to speak? Or would it be a possiblity of what's holding up the man made that would collapse the structure? wow.

JanW
10-02-2010, 04:34 AM
Man made stuff is a big no-no in WG surgery (as you can imagine, if you think about it). 1. could make the immune system go haywire for some reason because it's a foreign body and 2. granulomas can grow around it which would be nightmarish.

I met a woman who did hers with fillers and it looked really natural -- she asked my doc about it at the Symposium and he was all like "I wouldn't have done that but glad it worked for you." She had it for a couple of years. I think she was already dealing with some cosmetic work (she's from CA - heh), and doc said he could fix her right up.

If you go to a WG doc to get it done (and I would only use my doc), he's not going to give you a nose job, just a fix, and with your own cartilage (and he takes it from everywhere -- elbows, scalp, ribs, ears). Mine always does it with a plastics guy in the room which is good, because if you met my ENT (who calls himself the plumber), you might not think he's particularly into the aesthetics from the way he looks! The plastics guy looks like Dr. 90210!

You guys will just have to believe me when I say that I had the 'perfect' nose set in a pretty face before all this, and I'd love to get it back some day. Luckily, I think that my positive self image helps me out here. I can't imagine what it was like if you grew up thinking you weren't attractive, or not being told you were not attractive to suddenly go through this. When I see the saddle nose on other people I'm always a little shocked, but I never see it as being that horrible on myself (though I'm sure it is).