PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational Quotes and Stuff

Sangye
09-30-2010, 12:40 AM
I thought it might be nice to have a thread to share inspirational quotes, stories, etc....

I saw this one on Twitter today. It gave me a completely new perspective on despair.

"Despair is always presumptuous. How do we know what lies in the Great Not Yet?”
– John Claypool

elephant
09-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Sangye you got me on "what lies in the Great Not Yet?" If you were the professor and asked my what that meant...I would be looking down at a peice of paper....

Sangye
09-30-2010, 10:17 AM
LOL-- It's just a poetic way of saying "the future that hasn't happened yet."

pberggren1
09-30-2010, 10:18 AM
LOL-- It's just a poetic way of saying "the future that hasn't happened yet."

So what about the future that has happened?

elephant
09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
I like that saying, thanks for explaining.. :)

Sangye
10-03-2010, 12:48 AM
This is a great video of the song "Everything Changes" by Mercedes Sosa. A Twitter friend sent it to me. I just loved it. Here's (http://yagoproject.blogspot.com/2010/06/changes-everything-changes.html) the link to his blog post that has the English translation. Often the contemplation of impermanence is the only thing that gets me through the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8VqIFSrFUU&feature=player_embedded

Sangye
10-20-2010, 09:35 AM
A lady I know who has a child with cancer posted this saying on her blog today. She said she's seen it many times on t-shirts. I don't know if it's an anonymous quote, but she didn't cite a source. I changed it from saying Cancer to Wegs and also removed the last couple lines that were religious.

"Wegener's is so limited. It cannot cripple love. It cannot shatter hope. It cannot erode faith. It cannot eat away peace. It cannot destroy confidence. It cannot kill friendship. It cannot shut out memories. It cannot silence courage."

elephant
10-20-2010, 10:40 AM
That is beautiful Sangye!

Sangye
09-30-2011, 06:27 AM
“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice saying "I will try again tomorrow.”-Mary Anne Radmacher

Chris G
09-30-2011, 06:49 AM
This isn't exactly inspirational, but it's one of my all time favorite quotes - it always makes me laugh. And Gilda Radner was an amazing, strong woman.

"It just goes to show ya.....it's always something! If it's not one thing, it's another!" - Roseanne Roseannadanna/Gilda Radner
(Can you see her big puffy wig, and hear her voice ????)

Another quote by her that I love -
“I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive.”

Sangye
09-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I love Gilda Radner. One of my personal heroes. :smile1:

Trudy
09-30-2011, 11:08 AM
I came across this and it really helped me. "I don't go around depressed, I just accept my lot and get on with what little I can." Does anyone know who said it?

drz
10-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I came across this and it really helped me. "I don't go around depressed, I just accept my lot and get on with what little I can." Does anyone know who said it?

Yes guess who:

"I just think it is crap. I'm sure I would not be a better or worse person if I did not have the disease, but I would be able to do stuff and not be in pain all the time. I'm sure I could work out some positives, but I don't feel the need. I don't go around depressed, I just accept my lot and get on with what little I can."
Jack
(http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk165/rich_h44/bug.gif)
this was under the thread on why I am grateful i have Wegs started by MinneapolisMark..wonder how he is doing and what happened to him.

Sangye
10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
LOL I think later on in that thread he amended that thought and found some positives.

drz
10-01-2011, 10:27 AM
LOL I think later on in that thread he amended that thought and found some positives.

I read through it again and didn't find evidence of being "grateful" but he did admit he was having a bad day when he posted his first response.:

"

Quote" Don't expect yourself to always be looking on the bright side, bad days happen. Just look at my first post on this thread, it caught me at a bad moment when the idea of being grateful for having Wegener's just made me mad. I was muttering some pretty intolerant stuff while I bashed at the keyboard! :wink1:

Jack

He comments in that thread also reflect his great character and attempt to help Mark come to grips with his Wegs as did your comments. Mark went to Mayo, had a great consult and felt much better about his disease, Hopefully he is doing well.

Trudy
10-01-2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I didn't quote the whole thing. but even on his bad day Jack still said something that kept me going!

pberggren1
10-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I don't know if Mark is doing well or not. I used to be friends with him on FB but then he defriended me. I see some odd post of his on the vasculitis groups that I am on but it is very rare. I always found Mark to be very nice and very interesting. I think he would be an awesome host.

heartspun
10-03-2011, 10:52 AM
A couple of quotes I have seen recently and loved:

"‎everything you eat is your diet, just like everything you spend is your budget, and everything you do with your time is your schedule. not being active in your choices is still a choice. your life isn't happening to you, you're happening to it, whether you acknowledge it, own it, and make it count or not. there's no such thing as 'how you are', there is only how you've been, and what you'd like to be. every moment is another chance at becoming." Cera Byer

Amylu Muirhead-Weas says: "Some days you are the windshield, other days the bug."

"Don't swallow the soap." Karen Maezen Miller