PDA

View Full Version : Vasculitic Rash

gwenllian111
09-20-2010, 04:52 AM
Occasionally, when I have a flare, I get little thread vein type rash on my legs or something...but more often than not, I get a tiny pimply rash all over my face and chest which isn't red or anything, more like tiny little raised pimples. I can hide most of it with make up.

Any one else get rashes, and if so, what are they like? :unsure:

Jack
09-20-2010, 05:14 AM
I have had things that look like blood blisters, warts, calluses and also some tiny red dots, but nothing that I would describe as a rash. Only the red dots still show up since the Wegener's has been tamed.

pberggren1
09-20-2010, 05:46 AM
sometimes I get pimply on my face and back. But I am not sure if it is related to Wegs or not.

misskay
09-20-2010, 06:02 AM
I think the pimply thing is due to the meds. I know Pred can cause skin problems.
On another note... before my initial diagnosis (and right before I got sooo sick) I broke out in a rash/hives for no reason. Meds didn't help, and it lasted for 2 days then mysteriously disappeared. 2 days later I was coughing and had a fever... I have since read that a rash can signal an initial outbreak of WG, or a flare of the disease.

eileenv
09-20-2010, 06:30 AM
Hi gwenllian111, i get a rash on my face and neck it fades but never completly goes, it sometimes can be quite bad. I also have had lesions on my legs but have gone when i started pred.

jola57
09-20-2010, 07:35 AM
I'm more like Jack, similar symptoms, never had the pimply tipe of rash. I too had heard that that is a side effect of the meds.

marta
09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I have the pimply rash on my chest. My GP told me that it's pred related acne, but I tried acne cream and nada. I was reading something here one day and thought that maybe it might be a fungal/bacterial skin infection - then Google Image-ed it and thought so even more. I've tried putting oil of oregano (which is an anti fungal/ anti bacterial / anti viral) and it made them go down a little but I only did it twice, as I'm not very good with the follow through :blushing:, plus it makes me smell like pizza all night. I'll give it another go and follow through for a week this time and let you know.

elephant
09-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I love the smell of pizza, now that would keep me up all night....I would sniff myself all night...

Geoff
09-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Occasionally, when I have a flare, I get little thread vein type rash on my legs or something...Any one else get rashes, and if so, what are they like? :unsure:

Hi gwenllian, you brough back memories of before I was Dx and I had a 'faint' red spotted slightly raised skin from mid shin to my ankles. The doc diagnosed it as varicose veins and operated on them!
Recently I went to my GP (different one) with small clusters of red dots on my feet with what looks like blisters and sore chaffed skin. He said he had never seen anything like it and to show it to the docs at Addenbrookes. The syptoms had gone by my next visit but they said it was probably WG related and to go in next time it cropped up.

drz
09-21-2010, 08:23 AM
I'm more like Jack, similar symptoms, never had the pimply tipe of rash. I too had heard that that is a side effect of the meds.

I had some horrible rashes but they were side effects of meds taken for treatment . Wegener's is one of those diseases like a friend told me where the treatment side effects are often as bad as symptoms from disease. Either can be fatal but the disease is more likely to kill you than the treatment side effects so we gladly endure them, right? Sometimes we get to whine though, OK? (smile)

marta
09-21-2010, 04:07 PM
I had some horrible rashes but they were side effects of meds taken for treatment . Wegener's is one of those diseases like a friend told me where the treatment side effects are often as bad as symptoms from disease. Either can be fatal but the disease is more likely to kill you than the treatment side effects so we gladly endure them, right? Sometimes we get to whine though, OK? (smile)

Well put drz, well put.

Sangye
09-22-2010, 12:41 AM
One of my 100% indicators for Wegs activity is a rash on my legs. I wouldn't have called it a rash, but it technically is. It's small, bright red raised spots that most often show up on the inner calves. With Wegs under control I don't have any at all.

Geoff
09-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Rolling up my trousers, I-Spy a raised patch of skin, almost circular in shape about the size of a tennis ball about 6 inches above my ankle in the middle of my shin. Sometimes the red dots will 'erupt', the skin will crack and then upon application of a steroid cream will dissapear. This only appears on my left shin and surprisingly my Dad gets it as well. Anyone for the Genetic Theory?

Hal
09-22-2010, 08:16 AM
Before I started my treatments, I had a lot of perfectly round red spots on my legs... a few new ones each day,

Now I too have the pimples on my back and shoulders. I figure it must be my hormones gone wonky with all the drugs. Going to ask my family doctor about it next visit actually.

LisaMarie
09-23-2010, 02:41 AM
OK...here a rash for yall...i get a flat red to purplish blotchy rash like thing on both side of my neck that coomes and goes...kind looks this the new version of the enterprize characters but theirs goes from the back of their neck and up their:w00t: head.....wheni first got diagnosis i had bilaterial blood blister like sores on my inner thighs and now on occassion i get red dots that later turn to sore areas then a bruise...my doc says ot is all WG related...now those lovely bruises from bumping into things is from my pred....still on 60 mg ughh...