PDA

View Full Version : Idiot

andrew
09-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I've been feeling like crap these last few days. I was thinking about why this would be so and it occurred to me that I had forgotten to take my meds for almost a week. Dear me :crying: I have to set some reminders for myself. All my symptoms are coming back....:predrage:

:cantbrain:

Hammy8241
09-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Oh dear! Is that because you have been talking dirty and thinking about 'sexy servers' on the other thread?:wink1:

Hope any damage is only short term Andrew.

DEE
09-15-2010, 11:06 PM
oh dear Andrew i only did it for one day ! felt rubbish please take care of you DEE x

andrew
09-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Oh dear! Is that because you have been talking dirty and thinking about 'sexy servers' on the other thread?:wink1:

Hope any damage is only short term Andrew.

Ha! Yes I guess I got over-excited and distracted by hot servers in skimpy server racks.....

Jack
09-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Forgotten for a week! :ohmy:

I'd be lucky to make it through the day without mine. Please don't let yourself get too relaxed about your meds. Wegener's never really goes away you know. :sad:

What do you take Andrew?

andrew
09-15-2010, 11:09 PM
oh dear Andrew i only did it for one day ! felt rubbish please take care of you DEE x

Yep should be ok. Joints are swollen though. Will give it 24 hours on my normal meds then hit the 'break glass here' emergency supply of Pred. Mmmmmm Pred.....I've missed you like I miss scurvy and diphtheria.

Sangye
09-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Mmmmmm Pred.....I've missed you like I miss scurvy and diphtheria.
ROTFL--couldn't have said that better myself.... A week without taking your meds....what did you do with all that spare time? :laugh:

Seriously though, I hope you get squared away quickly. What else are you on? You know we're all freaking out reading this, right? :blink:

Jack
09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
You know we're all freaking out reading this, right? :blink:
Most of us think of them as our life line and it's probably not too far from the truth.

andrew
09-15-2010, 11:42 PM
Apart from the swollen painful joints and total loss of short term....um.....damn.....whatsit....you know....that thing.....I'm ok.

Now where was I......ahhh....

I'm on (now) Imuran, Lipitor, Lasix, Losec, Zanidip, Avapro HCT and probably by tomorrow, Pred :predrage::predrage::predrage::predrage:

Jack
09-15-2010, 11:46 PM
And you forgot to take all that for a week? I'm surprised you are still with us.

andrew
09-15-2010, 11:57 PM
Mmmmmm yes me too.....quite pi**ed off that I could forget for so long. I've forgotten for a day or two before but nearly a week is a new thing. Feet and ankles are ballooning....might make a doc appt for the morning....sighs...

Is there some way to get a medical verification of short term memory? Mine has been shot these past few weeks. Totally buggered. Makes for interesting times at work!!

Sangye
09-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Holy smokes, Andrew-- Jack is right. The two that actually scare the poop outta me are the ones you take for high bp. I think you need to let your doc know about this, to see if something different needs to be done.

Sangye
09-16-2010, 12:00 AM
Is there some way to get a medical verification of short term memory? Mine has been shot these past few weeks. Totally buggered. Makes for interesting times at work!!
Yes, you can see a doc for a thorough evaluation of memory and cognitive function.

Jack
09-16-2010, 01:30 AM
Sounds like a pill organiser might be the thing to help you.

elephant
09-16-2010, 03:28 AM
Andrew you probably forgot you had Wegeners disease..that is why you for got your medicines.:rolleyes1::flapper:

pberggren1
09-16-2010, 03:35 AM
I forget alot too lately. I have to make lists of my meds and check them off when I take them each day and then I double check each evening to make sure I have taken them. Also when I leave the house I have to take a list with me of what I need to buy and where I need to go. My memory has never been this bad before.

freakyschizogirl
09-16-2010, 03:39 AM
my memory is bad enough at the moment....dont wanna know what it will be like on Pred!!

eileenv
09-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Yes, i use a pill box Andrew, i couldn't remember if i'd taken them now i know thts if it's gone from the pill box then i must have done!!!

Sangye
09-16-2010, 05:11 AM
I have one pill box for my meds and another for my supplements. I take pills all day and don't stop until the containers are empty. Without that, I'd never remember what I took!

me2
09-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Dittoes to the dittoeing on the pill box. I put it in the same place where my phone and my wallet are so I don't forget any of them. The box is great because it takes off the pressure to remember at all. Just fill it up. Andrew , think of it as an analog single bit server - it serves you pills once a day... very sexy.

Sangye
09-16-2010, 05:24 AM
ROTFL... me2, I think you're gonna get through to Andrew!! :laugh::laugh:

elephant
09-16-2010, 06:10 AM
I used the pill box when I was in Chicago. For a year I wrote down time and date I took my medicine, because my memory was gone! My memory is better, but I still write stuff down. I am having a hard time typing this...can't believe how bad my eyes are after surgery....which is normal.

drz
09-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Mmmmmm yes me too.....quite pi**ed off that I could forget for so long. I've forgotten for a day or two before but nearly a week is a new thing. Feet and ankles are ballooning....might make a doc appt for the morning....sighs...

Any good neurpsychologist can do formal testing of memory and cognitive functions. I did it a couple years back so I would have some base line for comparison. It can also come in handy if you need to prove mental competence for any reason.

andrew
09-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Any good neurpsychologist can do formal testing of memory and cognitive functions. I did it a couple years back so I would have some base line for comparison. It can also come in handy if you need to prove mental competence for any reason.

Hmmm....yep I might look into getting this done, it's becoming an issue.

Dittoes to the dittoeing on the pill box. I put it in the same place where my phone and my wallet are so I don't forget any of them. The box is great because it takes off the pressure to remember at all. Just fill it up. Andrew , think of it as an analog single bit server - it serves you pills once a day... very sexy.

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA very good. I've tried the pill boxes before but forgotten to fill them up....:confused1::blushing:

Will give it another shot. Feeling a tad better today, so tired though. Worked from home for the morning. About to head into the office. Feet still look like bags of water though.

marta
09-16-2010, 12:46 PM
No kidding this is freaky. Take care Andrew!!!! We need you, as I am sure a lot of other people do as well. Pop those pills buddy.

Talk about sick memory. I took my daughter today to gymnastics this morning (one day too early) and then I took her to dance class this afternoon (one day too late). You should have seen the scene. Her in her tu-tu, crying in my necke and hugging me cuz I blew it TWICE in the same day, and me feeling like the worst parent on planet earth for getting her excited twice, getting her dressed up in the appropriate 'costumes' and then telling her it's not happening cuz I blew it. She's gone swimming with her dad now who's got his brain together a bit more than me.

andrew
09-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Oh dear that's upsetting. Hope she enjoys the swimming! Thankfully I don't have kids because I'm sure I would have forgotten them and left them at the mall.

Sangye
09-16-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh Marta, the thought of a little girl in a tutu crying in your neck... so sad! But I'm sure it didn't scar her for life. You've still got time for that. :flapper::laugh:

LisaMarie
09-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Oh Marta, the thought of a little girl in a tutu crying in your neck... so sad! But I'm sure it didn't scar her for life. You've still got time for that. :flapper::laugh:

ok Andrew my love....i takmy nexium every morning as soon as i wake up then i carry a lovely pillbox with my i take everything i can with first meal i can eat that day then take my bedtime zantac when i finally collapse....i fill my love box on sunday...i set an alarm on my phone that is annoying so i have to fill it to shut it up....hope u go see the doc ....min could not pound it in my head hard enough that meds r an requirement with WG....did u ever take Rituxan it can cause memory issues ...hope u r better.....we could all sign up to be your pill reminding crew

Luce
09-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Gotta have a pill box, it's the only way to really know if you've taken your meds. Also, routine helps - every Saturday night after tea I sit down and fill little pots til my fingers hurt from breaking all those foil seals to get the blighters out of the packaging.
Pill box stays by my bed and after I take my morning meds I detach that day and carry it through to the front room, where it stays on the coffee table ready for just after dinner when I take my evening doses.

It's dull dull dull, but its the only thing that stops me having to leave work an hour after I arrive to go home and get my pills (my boss got pretty fed up with that!).
Also detachable pots are great if you're going out to dinner, just sling your meds in your bag.

marta
09-17-2010, 05:02 PM
....i fill my love box on sunday...

I love what you call it LisaMarie!!!! I always dread taking my meds, and my mom tells me "I have to love them for them to work the best."

I'll starting calling mine 'the love box', and maybe I'll love them better.

marta
09-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Oh dear that's upsetting. Hope she enjoys the swimming! Thankfully I don't have kids because I'm sure I would have forgotten them and left them at the mall.

I practiced with a dog first and left him in the car one day for about an hour. I felt like a fool.
She loved swimming, dunked her head in and everything. I've been forgiven.

I'm sure I'll do a great job of it - scarring her for life that is.

Natalie
09-17-2010, 06:34 PM
glad im not the only one who forgets to take my pills .. I got a pill box thing and I even forget to fill it up lol ..
Hope you come good Andrew :)

jola57
09-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh Andrew, a whole week!!!! No good mate. You must let your doc know, just to be on a safe side, I too have a memory like a sieve. When the boys were home before moving overseas, my morning routine was out the window and so was my taking of my pills. Almose severy day i took them in the evening vecause I forgot. But even tho i forgot in the morning it was only about 12 hours only before taking them. I have a pill box, but use it only in my travels, at home I have them in a cosmetic bag and just have it out every morning while eating breakfast with my hubby.
Marta, your poor head, to mess up twice in a day. Your daughter is so young she will forget almost immediately about yesterday. There are so many new discoveries every new day,:flapper:

MCC
09-18-2010, 01:00 AM
I forget alot too lately. I have to make lists of my meds and check them off when I take them each day and then I double check each evening to make sure I have taken them. Also when I leave the house I have to take a list with me of what I need to buy and where I need to go. My memory has never been this bad before.

You could get a pill box, labelled -mon through sunday and put your whole weeks supply in for each day. this is what I did when I took lots of pills.

Andrew, this post reminded me I hadn't taken mine today! That's the second time I've forgotten. I hope you have no ill effects.

LisaMarie
09-18-2010, 03:23 AM
ANDREW....
Have you taken those lovely pills yet and have u seen the doc???? Inquiring minds want to know
Hope you are feeling better:biggrin1:

andrew
09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Yep, remembered this morning to take them, forgot until the afternoon yesterday. Despite remembering my pills, I went out to meet a friend for coffee this morning without my wallet LOL! Didn't even realise I didn't have it until after I left. Talk about panic!

I'm forcing myself into more of a routine now. Moving back in to the house has knocked my daily routine out of the park. Gotta take things a bit slower and more deliberately and I should be ok.

pberggren1
09-19-2010, 02:26 PM
I forgot my wallet on a trip out of town once to see docs. whoops, had to borrow money from friend.

jola57
09-19-2010, 04:08 PM
OK, wallet storries. A while back I happily filled my car with gas only to realize I didn't have my purse. Luckily I lived here for 20 years and the gas attendant knows me, I rushed home ( I live 5 minutes away) hurried back and sheepishly paid for the gas. Immagine if they didn't know me.

pberggren1
09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
well, actually that happened to me too but out of town where no one knows me. It was a little difficult in them letting me go.

Sangye
09-19-2010, 11:45 PM
Andrew, can you set cellphone alarms? I did that for my pred when I was taking it at 10am. I was often on the road or involved in computer stuff by then, so it was easy to forget. You could even set an alarm to remind yourself to fill the pill boxes.

gwenllian111
09-20-2010, 04:48 AM
Apart from the swollen painful joints and total loss of short term....um.....damn.....whatsit....you know....that thing.....I'm ok.

Now where was I......ahhh....

I'm on (now) Imuran, Lipitor, Lasix, Losec, Zanidip, Avapro HCT and probably by tomorrow, Pred :predrage::predrage::predrage::predrage:

Wow, that's a lot!!!