PDA

View Full Version : Wegeners Shirt Ideas

pberggren1
09-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I was talking to Marta tonight and she is still very gung ho about the shirts and book idea.

She said we should brainstorm about ideas for the shirts.

I came up with a few:

"I'm on Prednisone, Sorry for your luck"

"I'm on Prednisone, go ahead, make my day."

I'm on Pred, you might want rethink that one.

Anyway it should be short and catchy. I suggested that we should have a monster on the shirt or a picture of a hurrican or tornado.

So bring on the brainstroming. I know there are many good ideas out there because after all we are all brilliant geniuses.

jola57
09-06-2010, 03:58 PM
I like the make my day one, my suggestion "Body by Prednisone" or "dniM by Prednisone"

pberggren1
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I like the make my day one, my suggestion "Body by Prednisone" or "dniM by Prednisone"

Doug already has body by prednisone but what does dniM mean?

Jack
09-06-2010, 06:36 PM
"Mind" perhaps?

;)

elephant
09-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Good one's Phil...
"If your on Prednisone clap your hands!"
Here are some silly one's that I thought of : "Prednisone made me say that!" "Prednisone has taken over this body, please be patient!"

Sangye
09-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Those all got me giggling. Thank goodness for your translation, Jack. I never would've gotten dniM. But it's pretty funny once you see it.

Jack
09-07-2010, 01:08 AM
I think it was asking a lot expecting us Pred brains to work out that it was spelt backwards, even if it did still have the capital letter. ;)

Sangye
09-07-2010, 01:32 AM
It's kind of ironic that the very minds affected by pred cannot figure out the joke about how pred affects the mind. :flapper:

freakyschizogirl
09-07-2010, 03:19 AM
i like my idea of Limited Edition

Also my mum is on Pred for Arthritis so would be nice to share the experience

Moon face sponsored by Prednisone would be my input...my mum has the swollen cheeks at the mo.

Also my Disease orientated one - Limited Edition

marta
09-07-2010, 01:13 PM
While we're on the brainstorming thread, we should think of some for Weggie Lovers. Like 'have you hugged a Weggie today' or ' no, really, pred hasn't made my wife moody at all... she's as sweet as ever'. Having Pred specific and Weggie lover shirts expands the market and hopefully can get us some extra money to move the fundraising/awareness campaign forward. I've been having some yucky symptoms lately so my creative juices have been thwarted, but as soon as I feel a little more with it, I'll get on this ball again.

What I was saying to Phil last night when we spoke is that maybe we can use the money from the shirts to help pay for the book and then whatever is left on top (from the book and shirts,) we send off to the real brains that can research this nastiness and come up with a solution/cure.

By the way Jack, I was thinking of something that would suit what I perceive to be your style as well too. I was thinking of coming up with our own little Weggie logo thingie, and then having something like cufflinks or a tie pin, something classy and elegant. I can play with that when my brain comes back to me. If you have any other ideas, I'm totally open. I need some creative outlet.

pberggren1
09-07-2010, 01:19 PM
Oh ya, I forgot that Incredible Hulk might make his way on to a shirt as well.

freakyschizogirl
09-07-2010, 08:15 PM
I would love a Tshirt for family memebers...something like "I'm with the Weg"

elephant
09-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I like the idea of a T-shirt for family members.

Sangye
09-07-2010, 10:30 PM
"My wife got a rare and incurable disease and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

DEE
09-08-2010, 12:39 AM
"My wife got a rare and incurable disease and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

love your suggestion Sangye
just a thought when ever i mention the word prednisolne or preds to people they tend to look at me blank , mention the word steriods they know generally what im talking about just a thought dont know if a uk thing !!!!!!!!!!!

jola57
09-08-2010, 12:52 AM
glad you figured out the "dniM", I love your's too Sangye

freakyschizogirl
09-08-2010, 04:28 AM
I've been thinking all day and this si what i came up with

Wegs have more fun

What do ya think?

pberggren1
09-08-2010, 04:41 AM
I'm not Schizo, I have Wegeners.

freakyschizogirl
09-08-2010, 04:46 AM
lol i LOVE it

elephant
09-08-2010, 06:07 AM
They are all so good. Yikes. We should do a poll!

Sangye
09-08-2010, 06:13 AM
I have a friend who suffers from schizophrenia. It's extremely difficult to have a mental illness versus a physical one. People joke about it in ways that would never be okay if it were a physical illness. If I were out with my friend and saw a t-shirt like this, my heart would break for him, knowing how painful it must be to see it. I know you don't mean harm, just wanted to bring it up because it's not something everyone thinks of.

pberggren1
09-08-2010, 08:27 AM
I have a friend who suffers from schizophrenia. It's extremely difficult to have a mental illness versus a physical one. People joke about it in ways that would never be okay if it were a physical illness. If I were out with my friend and saw a t-shirt like this, my heart would break for him, knowing how painful it must be to see it. I know you don't mean harm, just wanted to bring it up because it's not something everyone thinks of.

I know Sangye, I should have that of that before. I know a person with Schizophrenia. I also have some friends with other mental illnesses like bi-polar, FASD, Autism, etc.

marta
09-08-2010, 05:01 PM
I was talking to a friend about the shirts, and she had an 'aha moment' in front of my eyes. She thought it would be a good idea to do a line of shirts for people dealing with various diseases because I was telling her that having fun with the insanity of it all makes it easier to deal with. She thought it's a whole untapped market. I told her that I couldn't be brave enough to take on other people's pain and suffering and make fun shirts out of it. I have no problem at all taking my bagagge and twisting it into a ridiculous t-shirt, but no way with other people's pain. I can only do it with yours because you are so good at sharing - ha ha - you know what I mean. Although I don't think I could come up with anything funny for the WG symptoms I haven't had to experience myself. I'll leave that up to you guys.

Sangye
09-08-2010, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah, I wouldn't want to do that, either. No way to know what's funny and what's going too far.

Doug
09-09-2010, 12:29 AM

I note that my version with "body by Prednisone" needn't be the only one. The joke in mine is the font used. It features skulls for the dot on "i", for example. The same slogan, with a variety of different graphics surely would work. A thought. (This suggestion goes for others, too.)

I don't recall if it was brought up, but the back on mine has the website for Vasculitis Foundation. It could have any website that worked best for each country.

The thing with zazzle.com, at least, is there is no set up cost or even a requirement that the "designer" buy buy one of each design. I just made a 12 month calendar of favorite Louie the ginger cat photos. I bought two for my own use, but I could have just put it out there for anyone who wanted to buy it could (which is the case for anything anyone designs). The price goes down with orders for more than one of an item. I bought six "grumpy Louie" mugs featuring him looking up at me like "Not before my coffee!", which I am using to replace others broken and for gifts to two ladies who Louie thinks walk on water. Ha!

Where allowed (US and UK I think- probably others.) you can create postage stamps in three different sizes. Though buying one sheet is a bit steep (almost twice face value of the stamps!), this is an effective way to put out a message, too. When they have their regularf sales, costs often are reduced up to 60%.

I mention these thing because zazzle.com is very reliable. There are others I sometimes stumble on, but haven't used that may offer similar services. Zazzle.com, at least, is available to many countries, and products designed for UK, of course, are priced in punds and pence, etc.

I recommend that anyone with interest in this project look at zazzle.com, just to get a sense of how it works, what's available in terms of products to decorate (a lot!), maybe even try out making a design for your own use (in case it turns out great!). If anyone is aware of other services like this, they should post the websites so comparisons can be made. Zazzle.com, I know, has a feature where you can set up a web store that you can attach to your our website (this one, if Andrew is still looking that way). That would require someone becoming the money handler as they send royalties to one place or roll them over into purchases made by that person from the site.

There are legal details to consider, too. I can't imagine Vasculitis Foundation have a problem with us using their logo, as weggies trying to make them money, for example Cindy Adams' promotion through deed, but you can't assume that. Someone would have to contact them, outline how we planned to use the logo, how the money would come to them, I don't know- all that crap lawyers worry about!

http://zazzle.com http://www.zazzle.com/utl/getpanel?tl=My%20Zazzle%20Panel&at=238137647776890964&cn=238137647776890964&st=date_created (this second link takes you a panel that shows some on=f the weggie designs,k but you have to wait for them to scroll by)

p.s. I don't intend this as a way to sell these things to you. It is impossible to sort out what's related to VF and what's rated to designs I made primarily for my own use and satisfaction. (the grumpy Louie mug, for example). This is a simple way for you to see the possibilities, even try your hand at actual design (It's easy enough, and most of us probably have one photo of a cat or dog or cockatiel or turtle or grandkids or children or bunny or whatever photo we'd like on a mug or shirt or stamp or something- you might just find out you are dang creative!)

pberggren1
09-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Just saw a good one on Facebook from someone elses pics.

The Prednisone Makeover: A fat, moody bitch in one easy step.

marta
09-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Me likey. I can see myself in that.

freakyschizogirl
09-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Me too...just need to be on pred for it to be applicable to me! Joy of Joys to come

Alysia
05-13-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi,
nice thread.thanks, Martha, for the link.
there is a question what we can laugh about, and what not, in order not to insult anyone.
Im trying carefully.
my association, I dont know if it fitts:
there is the picture of the 3 clever monkeys,
lets take 3 clever weggies (not look like monkeys ! but sweet weggies. like we really are)
the 3 are:
1. cant smell (hands on nose, or just saddle nose, or something...)
2. cant hear (no need to put hands on ears in order not to hear, but to put hands on ears in a way of trying to hear, hands under ears)
3. cant see (red eyes)
It is a kind of "playing", which is good for soul & body.
lets "play".

pberggren1
05-14-2013, 07:28 AM
That's a good idea Alysia.

mishb
05-14-2013, 08:40 AM
Hi,

lets take 3 clever weggies (not look like monkeys ! but sweet weggies. like we really are)
the 3 are:
1. cant smell (hands on nose, or just saddle nose, or something...)
2. cant hear (no need to put hands on ears in order not to hear, but to put hands on ears in a way of trying to hear, hands under ears)
3. cant see (red eyes)
It is a kind of "playing", which is good for soul & body.
lets "play".

You are a clever one indeed, Alysia.

I love this idea.

marta
05-22-2013, 06:52 AM
I would have to actually draw and that's asking a lot. I use elements and put them together. Not very good at drawing on the computer. I will play with these ideas though. I just have to find some time in the day. I'm working on creating an Alternative Program in our Elementary school so that our English program is not completely decimated by the French program. I'm working with our local hospital to make it an Autoimmune Disease Centre of Excellence, I'm working on linking up a daily internet Tai Chi between Jasper and China. I'm working on our new partnernship with Mobile One, who wants to be our main sponsor next year for Pajama Day (we'd get a penny of every liter sold in Central/Northern Alberta (they sell $6Million a year, give or take) and possible sponsorship from a Canadian TV Broadcaster.

Weeeeeeeee!!!!!... all the way home.

But when I am having a can't sleep sorta night, I'll play with these ideas.

Peace.
marta

mishb
05-22-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm glad you are taking it easy Marta :flapper:

With all of this relaxing you are doing......I'm sure there is plenty more you can fit in......like family, television, food :tongue1:

Seriously, please also take some "you" time - you are awesome

marta
05-23-2013, 10:51 AM
I always have room for family and food, and depending on the level of pred the order of those two changes - ha ha.:drool:

All that business is my saving grace. I've decided that by keeping my brain busy, it has no room at all for thinking about being a Weggie.

Peace.

m

pberggren1
05-24-2013, 08:04 AM
I love that Marta. Cracked me up, even if it true for us. Keeping the mind active is always a good idea. Hard to do at times when we can't even get out of bed, but just because we are sick does not meed we can't occupy our minds with different thoughts.

Jaypfei
05-18-2014, 01:51 PM
Prednisone
Gett'in Weggie with it!

Alysia
05-19-2014, 12:49 AM
:lovethisthread:

LisaT
05-20-2014, 12:38 AM
Has it ever been discussed on the forum that WG was named after a Nazi? This is why I initially started calling it PGA, but the full name is so long and awkward... How does everyone feel about this association? On the one hand, the disease is definitely evil so in some ways it fits. On the other, I don't want to support any nazi having any notoriety for anything, other than in the context of remembering the holocaust as a means of trying to prevent future genocide. I hope this isn't considered too political for the site. Just wondering how others view the name issue and the fact that it has officially been changed to PGA, which is admittedly much harder to use in conversation or for a cute t-shirt slogan. I just definitely could not wear a T-shirt with the name on it.

annekat
05-20-2014, 02:20 AM
Actually, Lisa, it is GPA, not PGA. The Nazi association has been discussed on here. You might find things in the archives about it by searching Nazi, for one. The new name is very hard to say, though GPA is easy. A lot of us still say Wegener's. I share your sentiment that it could be OK to call an evil disease after an evil person, but I also see the other side of the coin. We have already put a lot of effort into getting our acquaintances and the general public to recognize the name of what we have and that it is something serious.... Wegener's is easier to remember than GPA, which is rather bland sounding and makes me think of "grade point average". Just some thoughts on the subject.

Alysia
05-20-2014, 03:26 AM
Has it ever been discussed on the forum that WG was named after a Nazi? This is why I initially started calling it PGA, but the full name is so long and awkward... How does everyone feel about this association? On the one hand, the disease is definitely evil so in some ways it fits. On the other, I don't want to support any nazi having any notoriety for anything, other than in the context of remembering the holocaust as a means of trying to prevent future genocide. I hope this isn't considered too political for the site. Just wondering how others view the name issue and the fact that it has officially been changed to PGA, which is admittedly much harder to use in conversation or for a cute t-shirt slogan. I just definitely could not wear a T-shirt with the name on it.

hey Lisa, trust me, I was talking about it here. I even brought some links about that Nazi Wegener.
but still this is the name of the disease which is kind of "Nazi" disease.
so I don't have a problem to be a weggie.

jvilner
05-20-2014, 04:55 AM
LisaT-I understand you and appreciate your comments, but I agree with annekat. I am an american living in Israel and I also think about GPA as grade point average. When I see doctors (and it has been many of them) they all refer to this condition as Wegeners. Hopefully one day, once there is enough awareness about this horrible disease we can work on the name.

pberggren1
05-20-2014, 05:32 AM
There's really no proof he was a Nazi.