PDA

View Full Version : Eye Pain????

talentx7
08-25-2010, 12:56 AM
Hi everyone, Carter woke up this morning with eye pain? I looked in his eyes and they don't look red, but one of his blood vessels in his eye looks darker red than the others. I have no idea if this means anything. He said his vision is not blurry, it just hurts when he blinks. I am not sure he is explaining the best he can either. Its awefully hard with an 8 yr old to explain how something feels.
We last did blood work on Friday, everything normal,except blood in urine. Do I need to wake up his dr. or hold off and watch him a bit. I hate to page dr. for nothing, but I get so worried I will miss something.

Lightwarrior
08-25-2010, 01:07 AM
I would call your doctor as soon as his office opens unless the pain gets worse. The pain could be pressure, or he could have something in his eye. Unless you see something in his eye i.e. eyelash, speck of dirt etc. I would advise to call. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, you are just being a good mom. (if you can only get a hold of your doc by paging him then do that). Good luck, I hope his eye is just normal 8 year old eye pain and Carter and his good mom have a great day. :hug3:

Sangye
08-25-2010, 01:50 AM
I get something that sounds similar. Each time it causes the same blood vessel to look red and enlarged. The pain is actually hard to describe. It's not overwhelming or severe pain, sort of an increasing pressure ache where the blood vessel is. Sometimes the vessel feels a bit itchy, too. My eye docs have never commented on it and it resolves itself-- pain goes away in a couple hours. I suspect it has something to do with the general weakness of our blood vessels.

If it doesn't ease up, give his doc a call.

talentx7
08-25-2010, 03:42 PM
By the time dr. office opened his eyes felt fine. He said no pain at all. Sangye, it does sound similar. Does it occur often? Lightwarrior, I will now think of that quote everytime in doubt. Thanks!

Sangye
08-26-2010, 12:26 AM
I'm glad it resolved. It doesn't occur very often-- every 3 or 4 months at the most. The blood vessel still looks larger than the others, though. But it must be normal or my extra-specialized eye docs would have said something about it.