PDA

View Full Version : Tracheal Stenosis done again!

ian anderson
08-19-2010, 06:08 AM
Hi weggies well my op went ahead at crosshouse hospital on mon 16th august, after as you know it was done on 5th july, well all went well, but doc did notice new scar tissue and says could cause probs soon and at worst re-section is a possibility, isnt wg fun, anyway back to hospital on the 27th august for my ultra-sound on kidneys,soon be on cytoxan oh goody, well hope u r all ok and will keep u up to date . All my love ian xx

JanW
08-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Hi, Ian -- glad to hear that it went well for you. New scar tissue is to be expected...my doc can see mine re-developing, although I had the surgery in March and I don't feel any change so we may be able to hold off a little while longer. I have minimal tracheal involvement though -- is your subglottis involved as well; I can't remember.

elephant
08-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Ian take good care of yourself , glad it went well.

Sangye
08-19-2010, 01:17 PM
Glad you're doing okay, Ian. I hope you won't need another surgery for awhile.

DEE
08-19-2010, 03:20 PM
so pleased everything went well rest and recover DEEx

Lightwarrior
08-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi weggies well my op went ahead at crosshouse hospital on mon 16th august, after as you know it was done on 5th july, well all went well, but doc did notice new scar tissue and says could cause probs soon and at worst re-section is a possibility, isnt wg fun, anyway back to hospital on the 27th august for my ultra-sound on kidneys,soon be on cytoxan oh goody, well hope u r all ok and will keep u up to date . All my love ian xx

Ian, Wishing you a relaxed stress free week. Ultra-sound should not be painful. :smile1:

me2
08-26-2010, 02:50 PM
Ian , I was wondering how you did. I put out good thoughts for you I hope you keep getting well. I am on cytoxan right now and it is really working well for me. I get less sick from the infusions and feel better in between. It has been a looooooonnnnnggg time coming but I am telling you so you will know it can happen for you too. I actually look forward to the Cytoxan because I know it is effective for me. It wasn't apparent at first but I reached a point where the tide really turned. I'm hoping it happens soon for you too. I took Cytoxan thirty some years ago for almost two years and then had remission for about twenty. I have an important question for you. Are you taking Mesna with your cytoxan?

Sangye
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I took Cytoxan thirty some years ago for almost two years and then had remission for about twenty.
That gives me more hope than you know! Keep reminding us that happened, okay? I don't know about anyone else, but it's like my brain just can't hold onto such a concept. :smile1: