PDA

View Full Version : T-shirts!!! W00T!!!

andrew
08-16-2010, 10:39 PM
Anyone interested in a T-shirt?

I'm thinking of getting some T-shirts made up to advertise the forums. They would be available for a nominal fee of I know not what yet but it would go towards costs only.

What I need from you is:

1. Would you be interested? This is not a commitment to buy, that comes later when you know how much :tongue1:
2. Slogans, I need slogans!! Reply here with some ideas and I'll pick one or two. The T-shirts will have a slogan and the website address on the front, or slogan on the front and website address on the back, not sure yet. The website address will be www.wegenersforum.com which diverts to this site (or at least will soon). I reckon it'll be easier for people to remember than www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com (and easier to fit on a shirt!)

I thought this would be great if anyone is going to a presentation, symposium, conference whatever or just going to the shop to get milk.

Some slogans I thought of:

I Weg therefore I am

Zero - pred rage in 2.3 seconds

Prednisone-enhanced chassis

What do you think?

Hammy8241
08-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Have been thinking along similar lines Andrew but for a running vest. I was tinkering with:

Wegeners Granulomatosis - Running out, Please pass
I've got Wegeners Granulomatosis - what? - Google it! (even thought of contacting google to pay for it)

I know they are long but with creative use of font size and style I think that they will work.

Andrew, IMO you need to have the whole Wegeners Granulomatosis on the shirt.

andrew
08-16-2010, 11:05 PM
Have been thinking along similar lines Andrew but for a running vest. I was tinkering with:

Wegeners Granulomatosis - Running out, Please pass
I've got Wegeners Granulomatosis - what? - Google it! (even thought of contacting google to pay for it)

Ha! Excellent! Doubt Google will pay but ya never know :biggrin1:

Andrew, IMO you need to have the whole Wegeners Granulomatosis on the shirt.

Good thinking, having the words 'Wegener's Granulomatosis' on there somewhere would be the thing to do seeing I'm shooting for more awareness. Thanks!

DEE
08-17-2010, 12:06 AM
brilliant idea Andrew I Have
l Iike both yours and Hammy suggestions think i would put Wegners Granulomatosis
What ?
Ask me

Preds onboared please dont feed maybe thought about the tee shirt for a similar reason as you , as talked to my friend about doing some fund raising locally when i more able .If only to make people more aware
Wegners mentioned on a uk medical drama on Saturday BBC programme ! DEEx

Sangye
08-17-2010, 01:08 AM
I love the idea but monks and nuns don't wear clothes with slogans and stuff..... I'll just have to communicate the old-fashioned way-- with my big mouth. :biggrin1:

JanW
08-17-2010, 01:33 AM
I didn't know that about the clothes, Sangye. Please pardon my ignorance, but is there a uniform you wear or more like a list of don'ts in terms of what you can wear?

elephant
08-17-2010, 02:34 AM
I would love to wear even a baseball hat with the slogan on it. The t-shirts are great.

LisaMarie
08-17-2010, 03:13 AM
Maybe we can have bands made like the armstrong ones???/:rolleyes1:

LisaMarie
08-17-2010, 03:15 AM
Count me in on shirts.....Maybe a slogan "Wegener's Granulomatosis Awareness"
Help us survive this roller coaster ride!!!
then have a pic of a cousin It (from the adams family) like character riding a crazy roller coaster ...It a thought

Sangye
08-17-2010, 03:24 AM
JanW, monks and nuns wear special garments called robes. They vary by color and style depending on which type and school of Buddhism. Monks and nuns in Tibetan Buddhism wear the same robes as the Dalai Lama. Western monks and nuns have to work to support ourselves so some have to wear regular clothes or work uniforms if their work doesn't allow them to wear their robes. I was fortunate to have my own business and always wore my robes to work. If we wear regular clothes, we try to wear colors that are similar to our robes-- in our tradition that would mean warm colors (red, yellow, brown, etc...). My blog has a picture of me in my robes.

csgaippe
08-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Love those slogans! I feel like the Pillsbury Dough Boy's sister thanks to the Pred - there has to be something there! I will buy at least a dozen!

Natalie
08-17-2010, 03:37 AM
Good IDEA
..my sugestion WHAT THA ?
WHY THA ?

WEGENERS GRANULOMATOSIS

BIT OF A MOUTH FULL THOU :ohmy:

OR :predrage:

PREDRAGE

OR MY NEW NORMAL

:razz:

Lightwarrior
08-17-2010, 03:44 AM
I love the idea of a T-shirt. My favorite so far is Hammy's I've got Wegener's granulomatosis-what?-Google it!

I also like Andrews Zero-pred rage in 2.3 seconds. I'll put my thinking cap to come up with some more ideas. I would be in for buying one.

marta
08-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Whoa, we are all so much on the same page. I've already designed one, and have a couple more in mind, and didn't know how to present them to you guys here so I just started a blog so that I have a place where I can put some bigger file sizes. I haven't put them on there yet, but as soon as I do, I'll send you there. I've also offered the vasculitis foundation in Canada some designs as they also sell shirts, but they're all the same - just a big vasculitis logo - I think it's time to have fun a little.

misskay
08-17-2010, 05:25 AM
Shirts are a great idea... the funnier the better.
Would love the awareness bracelets...
have been looking for an awareness ribbon. It appear we Weggies don't have one?

Sangye
08-17-2010, 05:35 AM
have been looking for an awareness ribbon. It appear we Weggies don't have one?
I'm not aware of one. :wink1:

JanW
08-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Check out the VF's website. When I was at the Symposium they were selling all manner of this stuff, so I assume they have it for sale on the site.

misskay
08-17-2010, 06:30 AM
Been looking... apparently we are 'the disease without a ribbon'

Sangye
08-17-2010, 06:56 AM
ROTFL-- we don't even have a stinkin' ribbon?

DEE
08-17-2010, 07:07 AM
told you before i was told no i could not apply for something because " we dont have a tick box for that disease " DEEx

misskay
LOL... I know! Ingrown toenail sufferers have a flipping ribbon, but WG? What's WG?

elephant
We ought to start a Logan WG and produce purses, necklaces, jeans, jewelry..cars. ;)

andrew
08-17-2010, 07:47 AM
I love the idea but monks and nuns don't wear clothes with slogans and stuff..... I'll just have to communicate the old-fashioned way-- with my big mouth. :biggrin1:

LOL that won't be too much of a problem *cough*

andrew
08-17-2010, 07:51 AM
Thanks all, some great ideas! Keep posting any more that you come up with. Marta, post your designs when you can, they would be great to see

Sangye
08-17-2010, 08:03 AM
LOL that won't be too much of a problem *cough*
How long have you had that little cough Andrew? :tongue1:

andrew
08-17-2010, 08:29 AM
How long have you had that little cough Andrew? :tongue1:

Just keeps coming back sometimes hehehehe

andrew
08-17-2010, 08:30 AM
Actually, I think Doug made up some t-shirts some time ago. Doug, where they be?

marta
08-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Here goes, I've posted my first idea of a t-shirt design on the blog I just started. I'm new to blogging, and tend to be quite verbose, so hopefully I'm not missing the boat too much. Nevertheless, my first two t-shirt ideas are on there if you'd like to check them out and let me know what you be thinkin'.

Weggies Unite (http://weggiesunite.blogspot.com/2010/08/here-goes.html)

Luce
08-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Not firing on all cylinders tonight, but I'm up for a shirt - can we make sure we go up to like a XXXL though, I looked at the VF shirts but there's no way one would fit (you'd think they'd cater for their demographic!).

JanW
08-17-2010, 09:46 AM
And Luce, I'm hear to tell you --- they do run small!

Psyborg
08-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Here goes, I've posted my first idea of a t-shirt design on the blog I just started. I'm new to blogging, and tend to be quite verbose, so hopefully I'm not missing the boat too much. Nevertheless, my first two t-shirt ideas are on there if you'd like to check them out and let me know what you be thinkin'.

Weggies Unite (http://weggiesunite.blogspot.com/2010/08/here-goes.html)

Those look really good to me :)

Sangye
08-17-2010, 10:03 AM
Marta, those are awesome. (One editing note: Prednisone is spelled with an "i")

Luce, what total irony about the VF shirts not coming in pred sizes. LOL

Lightwarrior
08-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I see your text but can't see the t/shirts. Maybe it is a work thing I'll look again from home.

Sangye
08-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Marta, you might want to put the link to your blog in your signature. I'm really looking forward to reading your stuff.

marta
08-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Marta, those are awesome. (One editing note: Prednisone is spelled with an "i")

Luce, what total irony about the VF shirts not coming in pred sizes. LOL

Yeah, spelling was never my strong point. In Bulgaria there is no such thing as spelling, so although I'm better than some of my friends, some words stil elude me (and double letters, what's up with that?) I'm sure there are always spelling mistakes where you see my name. I'm also getting some ideas on tweaking the shirt, maybe have the WG definition circle on the back of the shirt, a bit like a bulls eye for both the girl and the guy. Ohh, baby steps.

elephant
08-17-2010, 11:09 AM
Marta, the t-shirts are great and not boring! Love the James Bond thing!

marta
08-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Okey Dokey, I've posted a few more ideas on-line. Andrew, can I put jpg's on here or PDF's? That way I won't be getting people to jump URL's. I've also taken one of your sayings from the beginning of the threat and made a shirt out of it. Hope you don't mind. If you all want to see them, follow my blog link on my signature. Have fun, I am. he he he he .....

marta
08-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I was just looking at the 'Funny Stuff' thread and there's lots of little images there, so I'll give it a go here with the t-shirts. Tell me to stop if I'm turning into a pain in the nehter regions.

...ok, it's not letting me pull up the images (maybe they're too big) sorry.

andrew
08-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Marta that's absolutely amazing work, well done! You can attach jpg's or PDF's to your posts using the 'Manage attachments' feature in the 'advanced' post reply. Hope that makes sense, I'm at work so have to make this snappy :) Well done again!! Love it!

marta
08-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks Andrew, and thanks... I'll give'er a go.

marta
08-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Can't do it, my computer gets only so far then freezes up on me. :predrage:
Oh well. I'll just keep playing with what I know and leave the complicated stuff to Andrew.

andrew
08-17-2010, 02:44 PM
No problemo, I'll attached the images to one of your posts tonight when I get home :)

marta
08-17-2010, 02:49 PM
No problemo, I'll attached the images to one of your posts tonight when I get home :)
You da bomb.
Thanks Andrew, you rock.
:fullofwin:

DEE
08-17-2010, 03:56 PM
hi Marta
just looked at your tee shirts there brilliant:thumbsup: DEE x

id dedenately buy some !!!!!!!!

DEE
08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
OOPS spelling error again would be alright if all letters move to the left side off keyboard !:rolleyes1:

DEE
08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
OOPS spelling error again would be alright if all letters move to the right side off keyboard !:rolleyes1:

Natalie
08-17-2010, 07:03 PM
HI marta , excellent T shirt designs well done love the 1st one lol .. I must have I think !

andrew
08-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Here are the t shirt images from Marta's site. Not sure how they will come out

Hammy8241
08-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Not trying to dampen anyone’s enthusiasm but rather concentrate it in the right channels. All the ideas have their merits and it shows what a clever and diverse group of people we have in our group but a few…

Points to ponder in deciding designs.

1. Why is the t shirt being produced?
2. What image/message are we trying to get across. IMO these two need to be decided/agreed first.
3. Will those who read the t shirt understand what is on it?
4. Are the words ‘punchy’ – have an impact
5. We understand words such as ‘pred’ but will anyone else? Should Jargon be used?
6. Will the wearer feel good in wearing it.
7. Subtle or brash message?

andrew
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
You raise some excellent points. Having this clear at the start will give the whole effort more meaning.

1. Raising awareness of the disease and (hopefully) this forum by adding the web address
2. Weggie's are people too!! We lead our new-normal lives and still have a sense of humour if we are on less than 20mg of Pred.
3. That's the trick! Wegener's Granulomatosis is a mouthful even for those of us who've been diagnosed with it, it's a real challenge for people that are completely unaware of it. Perhaps underneath 'Wegener's Granulomatosis' we have two or three 'headlines' of common symptoms e.g. bleeding lungs, failed kidneys, arthritis....yet still we live!!!
4. See above???
5. Replace the word 'Prednisone' with something more common? I was thinking 'steroid' but that raises other images than what we want to have.
6. If they look anything like Marta's I'll wear seven at once
7. Gotta be brash IMO. Gets the message out more effectively and would promote more questions/discussion about the shirt.

Just my 2 cents for now...

Thanks Hammy!!!

Sangye
08-17-2010, 11:48 PM
All great points. I think humor is always a good way to bring attention to the shirts, and it also helps us to be able to laugh about Wegs.

As far as prednisone, huge numbers of people are on it-- people with AI diseases, asthma, COPD, etc.... I'd say at least half of the people I talk to are familiar with it to some degree. I love the "I feel predi" t-shirt. I think a lot of people will feel compelled to ask what the heck it means.

Lightwarrior
08-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Here goes, I've posted my first idea of a t-shirt design on the blog I just started. I'm new to blogging, and tend to be quite verbose, so hopefully I'm not missing the boat too much. Nevertheless, my first two t-shirt ideas are on there if you'd like to check them out and let me know what you be thinkin'.Weggies Unite (http://weggiesunite.blogspot.com/2010/08/here-goes.html)

Very classy, I like them both; front and back including the patch.

Cindy R
08-18-2010, 04:53 AM
I like the ideas...really like the "Google It". I was on VF just yesterday to order some stickers and armbands to raise awareness in my neck of the woods. T-shirts would be awesome. Love the pred ideas, but would also like to see more generic designs for family members/friends to wear also.

charitygolfdays
08-18-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi Marta,

We love your style over here in the UK. Email the jpeg design to me and I'll get some quotes from my contact who helps with all our charity golf day stuff. We could golf balls, etc,etc!

The designs have had us both laughing! My wife wants the designs to be front only; greedy so and so wants two t-shirts!

Jase

marta
08-18-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi Marta,

We love your style over here in the UK. Email the jpeg design to me and I'll get some quotes from my contact who helps with all our charity golf day stuff. We could golf balls, etc,etc!

The designs have had us both laughing! My wife wants the designs to be front only; greedy so and so wants two t-shirts!

Jase

Hey Jase,

Thanks, I'm on a pred high ;)

I have them in PDF so if you want I can send you the PDF's that way you can give them to whoever you want to print them and they maintain resolution (jpg's aren't that great for several reasons) plus you can alter them any way you like (or the printer can), so you can add stuff, remove stuff, change the copy to suit your needs, and you don't have to re-invent. In other words I'll send you a working copy and you can use it as a base to go wherever you like. Just let me know what email I can send them to, and they're yours to do with what you like.

I like your wife. I'm greedy too.

I actually designed these for myself, not with this in mind, so it just happened that this conversation started here and I'm a sharer and why not. If anyone has a cooked out head like me, I thought they might like it. I wasn't going to put the little circle on mine, cuz I think I could do a much better job for awareness by talking to people, and the designs are intended to have a little fun and engage a conversation, but that was something mentioned on the thread so I added it. I also stole Andrew's 'pred rage' brain child... couldn't resist on that one. Way too good and easy to play with.

Jack
08-18-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm feeling like the odd one out here. I don't like wearing T shirts with slogans. :(

Hammy8241
08-18-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm feeling like the odd one out here. I don't like wearing T shirts with slogans. :(

I'm sure you are not Jack, we are all different. Anyway I've thought of you, and will mention the words CAR STICKER and see if Marta runs with it.:thumbup:

Jack
08-18-2010, 08:47 PM
Window stickers or bumper stickers sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure how much take up you would need to make it viable.

Doug
08-19-2010, 08:14 AM
weggieboy: Home: Zazzle.com Store (http://zazzle.com/weggieboy) I think. I'll try the link to see if it works. Yep!

The problem with it is that they don't notify you of sales by item, so the best I can do is guess how much a donation should be.

The items with a WG theme in my weggieboy "store" can be my contribution for ideas for items to sell through a Wegener's Granulomatosis Disease Support Forum "store". I've been using Zazzle to make up one off items for my own amusement mostly, though a few others have purchased thing from it.

Zazzle is just one of many places you can have items of all sorts made up. You can set up a store and attach it to a forum, for example, which would fit in with someone's thought on having a home page for the forum...oh, I think it was the new CMS level thingy Andrew was asking for input on. Frankly, the new changes Andrew asks for input on strike me as a great way to focus our content and efforts toward fund raising and awareness.

Aunnie
08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
Andrew and Marta,

I love the tshirt idea,a color would be nice,front and back is good,pred ideas are great!!!!

I surely would buy some,big sizes is good.

Not very creative especially being sick and on more pred.

Great ideas!

Thanks All!!!!

Aunnie

Deanne Hull
08-23-2010, 05:19 PM
yes please to a tshirt, anything to get the word out there...

Terri
08-24-2010, 02:43 PM
pred seems to be the biggest thing with us weggies so you have to at least put a "moon face" somewhere. At least people might ask what causes that?
(full moon for those on high doses):w00t::w00t:

DuaneHart
08-30-2010, 10:50 AM
I made a couple of shirts from zazzle.com that say "BODY BY PREDNISONE" on the front and WWW.VASCULITISFOUNDATION.ORG (http://www.VASCULITISFOUNDATION.ORG) on the back. I where them to all my doctor appointments at Mayo in Rochester and all the doctors love it! I've had many comments from other patients that see me wearing it and want to know where they can get one. I do like the idea of having the WG support group web address on it. My size 3XL fits me great--nice and loose and comfortable!

elephant
08-30-2010, 11:15 AM
:flapper:That is great Duanehart. Glad you wear your shirt proudly!

me2
08-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Wegener's chooses you, you don't choose Wegener's. It means your special.

Natalie
11-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Wegener's chooses you, you don't choose Wegener's. It means your special. I like that me2 :thumbsup: we are all special :)