PDA

View Full Version : Dogs

gwenllian111
08-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Hi!!!

We have a new addition to our family, a little blue merle collie. Just wondered what dogs if any, you had, and what they were like!

elephant
08-15-2010, 10:43 PM
congrats Gwen! How big do they get "little blue merle collie?"
I have a golden retriever, got her free on craig's list. She is the best dog ever!

Sangye
08-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Yay, Gwen! Life is always better with dogs.

I have two mutts. Patch is an English Setter and Border Collie mix-- he's the mostly white one in the pic. Lotus is a black Lab and Pointer mix. They're both rescues, as is my cockatiel.

Barbara1966
08-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Congratulation Gwen!!!!

I have poma-poo (Pomeranian mix with poodle) she weight only 7 lb and know how to put smile on my face. We are walking 1mile every day rain or shine.

elephant
08-16-2010, 02:28 AM
My sisters have the poodle mixes too...they both have allergies. They are wonderful dogs.
Barb that is wonderful that your walking every day. Way to go!

Lightwarrior
08-16-2010, 05:09 AM
I have a boxer, she is my grandson's dog but she thinks she is mine. He snuck her in under his jacket as a small puppy a little over a year ago. Her little waggy tail sticking out gave her away. I can't imagine life without her now. She usually knows when I'm heading for trouble and becomes very defensive and insists on sleeping on my bed touching me. My 6 year old grand-daughter Alexis was the first one to pick up on this. She told her Mom that Grandma was going to be sick tomorrow, when my daughter asked why she said "Ciara doesn't want to let us play with her". When I go to work sick my daughter says that she mopes around the house, looks out the front window and moans until i get home. She is a great family dog and is very active in what all my grandkids do, she even has her own doll she carries around and she lets my 3 year old grand-daughter climb all over her. My other grand-sons cat had kittens and they climb all over her, she sometimes licks them clean.

elephant
08-16-2010, 05:44 AM
Lightwarrior, what a sweet dog. She is a gift that you and our family will enjoy.

pberggren1
08-16-2010, 05:12 PM
We had 3 Scottish Collies at the farm. I still miss them.

andrew
08-16-2010, 08:21 PM
That's great Gwen!! I've been away from my German Shepherd for 6 months. Will get her back this week
:fullofwin:

Hammy8241
08-16-2010, 10:02 PM
Cool chioce Gwen - i hope you like exercise. I've got a little westie called Monty. Just over 13 years old now so slowing down like his master. His picture is in my album on my profile page. Enjoy.

andrew
08-16-2010, 10:08 PM
His picture is in my album on my profile page. Enjoy.

He looks great :)

DEE
08-16-2010, 11:18 PM
Benji above 2yrs old has a jack russell 15yrs old to torment but can be found most of the time cuddle uo in the same dog bed like peas in a pod !! DEEx

brocky99
08-17-2010, 09:21 PM
I have 2 dogs a 7yr old black lab (Jules) and a 2yr old cross (not sure what she is) (Ellie-boo) was found with her sisters in a box dumped behind a pub she was the runt but she is brilliant now and the Jules adores her he is always giving her a wash. But Jules is getting a bit grumpy now he is getting older. He was a fantastic working dog when we had the pub though there was a few nights when we would have been burgled if he hadnt scared them away. Jules use to lie in the pub and let the world pass him by but if anyone attacked any of us he was by our side, you cant ask more from a dog can you. The only thing that gets me down is the amount of hair they moult i can sweep twice a day sometimes. Will find a picture of them and upload it. Ellie likes to sleep on our bed, many a morning me and Glyn wake up balancing on the edge of the bed whilst she is sprawled out inbetween us.

Doug
08-19-2010, 08:25 AM
I'd mention my cat Louie, except then I'd be off topic...erm...I guess what I wanted to say is I totally believe in rescue pups and cats and bunnies and cockatiels etc., and hope more people will consider their local pound or Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals for a rescue pet when they think about getting an animal companion. Then do the humane thing and have them spayed or neutered so you don't contribute to the over-population problem - of cats and dogs in particular. (I doubt cockatiels and ponies, as two examples, generally "mingle freely" amongst their kind, producing unwanted critters.)

Just this week, in my own neighborhood, a female cat and kittens were trapped by the local animal control officer. I learned the whole family will be taken out to a ranch. Most likely, they are for rodent control, but the usual outcome is catburgers for coyotes and great horned owls. I feel bad about it because I had considered taking in "Fluffy" (my name for the mother) before I learned she was raising a family in a bush. Sad. I watched her hunt grasshoppers one day. Another neighber put out cat food, but so many cats are allowed to wander freely that I doubt Fluffy got much of it.

Nancy
08-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Hello All -
Dogs, huh...... I have three - an English Mastiff (Aslan), a Chocolate/Australian shepard mix (Smore) and a Jack Russell Terrier (Tinkerbell) as well as 6 birds (Finches) in an inside aviary... A definite full house - but oh, so important!

Fran
09-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Hi Andrew, I was browsing this thread as I love hearing about all the animals/dogs ( still trying to persuade my husband to replace my little Yorkie and my mixed breed rescue dogs) and saw you were getting your dog back after a long time ~ just wondering how it went ~ happily I hope.?

Thanks a million for this website , so warm, friendly and informative xhttp://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.png (javascript://)

freakyschizogirl
09-04-2010, 07:19 PM
I have a Lercher named Jack...who is a mad leggy thing. We were tricked when we bought him...we went to a shelter to look at dogs and he literally had his eyes on me from the start. We look at a few small dogs cos we had had a brilliant Jack Russell cross before and she was so well mannered.
Anyway after looking at the smaller dogs none were really suitable. So i said to my mum, look at that old dog over there (he had white fur around his nose and looked sad and old to me) so we decided he was the one. When we went to purchase him they told us he was only 2 years old!!

Bless. He's mad and when he gets excited will charge around and throw toys about (smacked me in the nose last week) but i wouldnt change him.

andrew
09-04-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi Andrew, I was browsing this thread as I love hearing about all the animals/dogs ( still trying to persuade my husband to replace my little Yorkie and my mixed breed rescue dogs) and saw you were getting your dog back after a long time ~ just wondering how it went ~ happily I hope.?

Thanks a million for this website , so warm, friendly and informative xhttp://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.png (javascript://)

She *LOVES* having her dad back :thumbsup: Won't leave my side for a second.

Fran
09-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Great looking dog Andrew - Glad you are reunited http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.png (javascript://)http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/images/editor/smilie.png (javascript://)

pberggren1
09-05-2010, 04:49 AM
We used to have 2 Scottish Collies at the farm and I still miss them.

elephant
09-05-2010, 07:31 AM
Andrew what a sweet dog!

Sangye
09-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Oh Andrew, I'm trying to decide which of you is luckier-- your dog who gets you as a dad, or you who gets that sweet face girl. :smile1:

marta
09-05-2010, 09:00 AM
She *LOVES* having her dad back :thumbsup: Won't leave my side for a second.

She's a very handsome girl Andrew. I use to have one that looked like her when I was a kid.
I now have a chocolate lab and boarder collie mix, Storm, he looks like a black lab but is just now starting to get a dark chocolat undercoat, it's quite cool looking, he's starting to match my espresso furniture - ha ha.

jola57
09-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Andrew, I used to have a German Shepherd, Coco, when I lived in Calgary. He used to be happy everytime I came home form university than one year I came home and he wouldn't leave my side. I even had to make room for him on my single bed the last night before going back to uni, he howled in front of my door until I let him in. Couple of weeks later my Mom called that he died suddenly. It was as if he knew that it was our last time together. He was just the best dog and friend. I now have a 7 year old terrimultipoo named Buffy who thinks she is the queen. She used to be my avatar, and you can see her in my profile.

malin
09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
We've got a Bichon Frise, Milou, he's a proper little oldie now though (11 years)
I miss him loads since I don't live at home in Sweden anymore, sometimes it's really hard but me n my fiance want to get a Lagotto one day, once we've got an apartment n so on sorted out!

Milou:
http://i54.tinypic.com/x4ng3r.jpg

Sangye
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Milou is adorable! What a great pic. :smile1:

freakyschizogirl
09-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Ok anyone wana swap me for this...?

elephant
09-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Love these dogs.

Sangye
09-17-2010, 11:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3-TkFqjXGw&feature=player_embedded

My dog Patch behaves a lot like this dog. He talks the same way, but in a lower voice. He actually says words, like "I don't wanna!" It's very clear, not just imagined. If I tell him to do something he doesn't want to do, he'll say "I don't wanna!" and throw himself down on the floor. It looks exactly like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum!

My friends say he's almost human. It does "feel" like there's another human in the room when he's around. The funny thing is, he also has a patch over one eye and the coloring on his muzzle and lips looks just like this dog's.

elephant
09-18-2010, 12:27 AM
All this dog needs is a speech therapist !

Hammy8241
09-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Cool chioce Gwen - i hope you like exercise. I've got a little westie called Monty. Just over 13 years old now so slowing down like his master. His picture is in my album on my profile page. Enjoy.

Had a strange event yesterday. Monty has been really slow walking over the past year or so. We just put it down to old age. Yesterday, when I got home he went ballistic! Could not wait to go out for his walk and actually pulled on his lead (instead of me dragging him) and ran from the start and even when I let him off his lead when in the woods. I even tried to run with him but got knackered very quickly ( I used to run up to 18 miles with him when I was marathon training). Could not understand where he got the energy fro and still not sure but here is a theory. I remembered that I thought I had a half tablet of pred when I took my meds in the morning but could not find it so broke another one. I wonder if i dropped it and Monty has turned into a druggy doggie?

I checked that it would not do him any harm if this was the case, but it made me think that perhaps he might have arthritis or similar. I will ask the vet when I see him next.
PS he has slowed back down today.

elephant
09-18-2010, 07:50 AM
That is a possibility, got to be careful with our meds. I did the same thing and thank goodness my dog did not see it. But a one time dose of prednisone is not going to hurt your dog. My other dog who passed was on prednisone on/off for severe allergies..poor thing had to pee alot but also had extra energy. He lived for 13 years he was a yellow lab.

Sangye
09-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Hammy, as I was reading about your dog perking up I was thinking he probably got one of your pred pills.... You might try changing his food and giving him fish oil supplements before you head to the vet for arthritis meds.

DEE
09-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Hammy, as I was reading about your dog perking up I was thinking he probably got one of your pred pills.... You might try changing his food and giving him fish oil supplements before you head to the vet for arthritis meds.

hi Hammy
You are suppose to share jelly babies not preds:flapper:
my dog likes them but turned his noise up at flumps:w00t:
DEEx

Sangye
09-18-2010, 10:43 PM
Flumps? :confused1::blink: You people have got to start using internationally-recognized terms for candies. I'm sure there's an online converter somewhere. Just google "Candy name conversion" and select "British" to "Rest of the World." :flapper::laugh:

Psyborg
09-19-2010, 02:44 AM
Flumps? :confused1::blink: You people have got to start using internationally-recognized terms for candies. I'm sure there's an online converter somewhere. Just google "Candy name conversion" and select "British" to "Rest of the World." :flapper::laugh:

Remember though...

Sangye
09-19-2010, 03:04 AM
ROTFL... :laugh:

DEE
09-19-2010, 04:12 AM
OK IM BACK DEFINTION OF FLUMPS :flapper: MARSHMALLOWS

HE JUST BURYS THEN IN HIS BED:ohmy:

DEE
09-19-2010, 10:48 PM

i wish those doctors would stop giving my mum preds look what she let them do to me :w00t: DEEx

Sangye
09-19-2010, 11:18 PM
LOL-- Oh we've had a haircut! So very cute. You did a great job, Dee. :thumbsup:

elephant
09-20-2010, 01:02 AM
Precious! Looks like a million bucks!

marta
09-20-2010, 04:30 PM
You guys slay me.:lol:

jola57
09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
OOh saw a beautiful dog today, must be part wolf, had one white eye one grey, and was milky and light chocolate, Just gorgeous.

Sangye
09-22-2010, 11:47 PM
I love stories like this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ex2aBpUTB8&feature=player_embedded

zylodey
09-23-2010, 06:07 AM
My Dog is Sadie and she is a Shi Tzu - spoiled to the core, but she makes my day. She follows me everywhere, but is definetely going through her terrible twos stage and I probably don't get enough sleep as I should because she has now formed a new habit of getting up at 3:00 a.m. and wanting me to play with her, scratching my head, etc. I hope she grows out of that shortly. Probably something a good long walk in the evening would fix, but I have been tired lately, getting ready to hibernate for the winter since the weather has been so terrible here! Oh well, she keeps me smiling and for that, she gets the run of the house.

DEE
09-23-2010, 06:26 AM
I to have a spoilt ShizTzu and because i cant walk him myself a friend takes him
he has decided to go as far as he wants then sits down and refuses to move
then he turns round and heads for home :sneaky: but shes still coming for him tomorrow , he's two aswell !!

gutless
09-23-2010, 09:18 AM
This is my baby, Lucie. She is a 6 year old Golden Doodle, which is a cross between a standard poodle and golden retriever. I adore her.601

elephant
09-23-2010, 09:40 AM
I love all your dogs, they are heaven...I love my golden retriever, she is one years old....I will have to put her on my avatar picture.

Sangye
09-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Oh, Lucie is adorable! Golden Doodles and Labradoodles look like big stuffed animals to me. Very cute.

Sangye
09-24-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm wondering if any of you have had this funny thing happen with dog hair. Every so often I'll feel like I have a splinter in my foot and it turns out to be a dog hair that penetrated the skin. It usually happens in a calloused area, too. Just amazes me that a hair can do that! I just found one that has been bugging me for about a week. Free at last! :w00t:

elephant
09-25-2010, 05:06 AM
Sangye it happens to me all the time. It does hurt, how can a precious piece of dog hair penetrate our poor thin skin feet??

Sangye
09-25-2010, 06:43 AM
It used to happen to me before Wegs, so I can't blame it on thin skin. My feet have callouses from carrying the giant person above them anyway.... :wink1:

Hammy8241
01-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Monty RIP. 13yrs 10 months

No need to reply.

Sangye
01-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Oh Hammy, I'm so sorry. Monty was a lucky dog to have such a sweet guy as his dad. My condolences to you, friend.

Sangye
01-21-2011, 02:38 AM
http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/fdb01b24-2e72-44d3-975f-ca4914802488.jpg (http://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/%3Ca%20href=)

(http://dogs.icanhascheezburger.com/)

LisaMarie
01-21-2011, 03:05 PM
i have 3 wonderful puppies.....lillie a large black lab 11 yrs old, bella a small blue heeler/bordercollie mix of some sort {rescued from the ditch in the country along with 6 other puppies} 2 yrs old and then our newest addition bones our golden retreiver who just turned a year....and they are the loves of my life.....but bella knows when i am sick before i do and makes me slow down

elephant
01-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I love dogs, I want another one. Been at the local pound to find one that fits our Golden retriever.

Hammy8241
10-03-2011, 08:39 PM
For those inclined, a short video of Jasper on his first day at home and his first sight of grass.

Jasper just home | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hammy8241/6197842668/in/set-72157627400658419)

DEE
10-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Just watched the video cool ..............

Sangye
10-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Oh that was sweet! I like the pics of him at the side, too. You have a nice backyard. Sunshine!

Trudy
10-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Jasper is adorable! Never read this thread before, loved hearing of everyone's pups. Mine is a 3 year old standard poodle named Coco. She has been a real blessing. If I have trouble going upstairs, I just have to say "Help Mom" and she goes very slowly while I hold on. We also have a 6 yr old miniature (my daughter's) named Tinkerbell. Here is Coco dressed appropiately as my angel last Halloween.

Natalie
10-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Dogs Are the best :) i have a staffy she is 9yrs.. love her to bitz

delorisdoe
10-04-2011, 05:19 AM
I have a dog. His name is Ozzy. 1471

Sangye
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Jasper is adorable! Never read this thread before, loved hearing of everyone's pups. Mine is a 3 year old standard poodle named Coco. She has been a real blessing. If I have trouble going upstairs, I just have to say "Help Mom" and she goes very slowly while I hold on. We also have a 6 yr old miniature (my daughter's) named Tinkerbell. Here is Coco dressed appropiately as my angel last Halloween.

How sweet is that?

Rini
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
my dogs ;)14721473they r so sweet but i don't c them as much now w/ school and not living @ home :(

mishb
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I love dogs.
We have two dogs. A 9 year old, golden cocker spaniel named Kellie. She is a real blonde in every sense of the word ....sorry Kel :biggrin1:
And then there is Yoda. He is nearly 2 and is a chihuhua. Yoda has big mans syndrome. Tries to assert his dominance but it doesn't work very well, being so small.

Sangye
10-04-2011, 11:17 PM
LOL Typical chih! :laugh:

DEE
10-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Today started well,had a bit of a lie in. Hubby makes bacon and mushroom sandwich with a cup of tea !! could not get any better UNTIL.Doorbell goes I say to hubby who is deaf in both ears.Watch my sandwich please.He did not hear me but my jack russel who is seventeen years did.Came back , minus bacon sandwhich and three year old s**-zu looking at me. It was not me !!!!!!!!. think he was abit mad that the jack russel got there first .:flapper:

Jules
10-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Hey Brocky99. . . 'getting grumpy now he is getting older'. . . must be something in the name!! I think I might take a leaf out of his book and try lying in the pub and let the world pass me by too!

Two black labs here . . . Tess and Remy (yes after my husband's favourite tipple!)

Jules