Likes Likes:  0
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: All About Rituximab

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aunnie, I had a terrible time with ctx both times I was on it. It's overly toxic to me and destroys my bone marrow faster than I can make it. Rtx was pretty rough. I don't know how much of that was due to the hit of pred, though (100mg IV solumedrol = 155 mg oral pred). Since I've been back on high-dose pred I've noticed similar weakness.

At any rate, I began to feel better 6 weeks after the first infusion.

If you're only doing 2 infusions you are very unlikely to have problems. I didn't bounce back each week in time for the next infusion but probably would have in 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finished the four dose plan a month ago. The first infusion went so well that I was working the next day. The next three caused fatigue, but nothing too bad and I was at work the following day each time.

I started feeling stronger two weeks after the last infusion and am now taking the stairs at the office again. We have started the long process of reducing Prednisone. The doctor originally thought that we would do another round of Rituxan, but after consulting with other doctors we are starting a low dose of Imuran.

I feel stronger than I have in a very long time. I have not had a pain pill in several weeks. The general fatigue is gone. I feel like I may have turned a corner and sent the little dog to the corner for a time out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that is so great to hear! I hope you keep improving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tbulger, that is great news and thanks for the update. Keep us posted on how you are doing with the Imuran. How much prednisone are you on now?
    Last edited by elephant; 09-04-2010 at 04:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had been on 60mg of Prednisone per day. Currently at 30 and tapering slowly. I would like to go much faster, but I know I can't. Prednisone is the best and worst drug. I know it keeps things from degrading, but I feel like one of those giant balloons in the Macy's Christmas parade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TBulger View Post
    I feel like one of those giant balloons in the Macy's Christmas parade.
    I'm the peanut M&M!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I finally got approved for Rx therapy, after almost 1 full year of appeals with the insurance company. I'm excited to start this tx, and have this in remission. Any advice or recommendations about the Rx drug.

Jennifer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry Jennifer that it took so long. Glad you are starting it. Never been on it, but you will have company soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TBulger View Post
    Had been on 60mg of Prednisone per day. Currently at 30 and tapering slowly. I would like to go much faster, but I know I can't. Prednisone is the best and worst drug. I know it keeps things from degrading, but I feel like one of those giant balloons in the Macy's Christmas parade.
    I am now at 30 mg too. How slowly are you tapering prednisone? I was on 70 three months ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jennifer, so glad you finally got approved! What took so long? That's disgraceful....

I suggest reading the first posts on this thread for info about rtx. Like most of our threads, we probably diverged onto other topics after a bit, but the first bunch of posts are usually on topic!

Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast