Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prednisone--What a Difference 0.5 mg Makes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so sorry. I know exactly what you mean by doing everything right and it still goes wrong. I've never been in remission and I've followed their instructions to a tee. I've also experienced a fair amount of depression with it. Never had that before. You can feel helpless and hopeless about ever digging out of the hole.

Hang in there and keep posting. It does help to talk to others who understand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never had what I would consider to be depression and I seem to be fairly immune to the steroid mood swings even on high doses, but I know that I am living near the edge. I used to be such a positive and strong person who could take on board others problems if called upon and also deal with anything that life threw at me. I now try to remain positive, but find myself alarmingly at ease with the thought of dying and unable to discus my own situation without getting a bit choked up. Maybe I'm just coping with it by blanking it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I personally just keep thinking I need to live another 10 years...by then my kids will be 14 and 18
    Yes, I also secretly set myself targets of how long to live. My youngest daughter is just 14 (eldest is coming up to 19). I would like to teach her to drive and see her through university if that is what she decides to do. That seems to be achievable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack no word can express huw much I hope your target comes true. Both my sons are independent (mostly) one finished BSc and is working in research with plans on PhD he is 25, and younger 22 in his 3rd year medicine. I am forever grateful to the fates and the Good Lord to let me be there for them and I hope to be here for a long long time. I've had this dreaded disease for 3 years now and my humor is still with me. I hope to be upbeat like you after having it for so many years. You are a wonderful example of steady and easy does it and a wonderful dad and family man.
    Jolanta

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They both take advantage of me and my wife says I'm too soft on them, but I've developed a bit of a "life's too short" attitude, so if its not that important I let it pass. They still think I moan at them too much!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack I have always had that approach and it paid in spades, I have good children and never had any worries. But while being soft and over giving I still new who their friends were and new the parents. I credit this as one of the reasons they turned out great.
    Jolanta

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi all, it seems an epidemic midwinterblues is lurking. It found me too, so I wernt groceryshopping by myself today. They have chairs, so 3 min shopping and rest. Got help to pack and load the car but still think :" I made it!!" Tomorrow's task is to cook those turkeynecks, make the best stoup (stew, soup). I find with little goals, I feel better when I manage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. The blues are in every joint....I always take my weekly dose of metho. on Fri. evenings so that I can recover on Sat. and Sun. before returning to work Mon. So what this means is my only days w/ my kids are spent laying on the couch feeling miserable. And I have this to look forward to for the next 1-2 years!! And that is only if I am one of the lucky, since you never know what will happen in remission or if you ever make it to that point. Well today was particularly difficult--slept away most of it, w/ extreme nausea, lots of head pain and lower back pain. I just hate the way these toxins move through your system, it is very disturbing to me and today I have actually been considering how I never want to put this in my body again (however I do know it is necessary if I want a chance at any kind of success). It is just really hard to not want to give up. I have a few good days and then there is always the one that puts me back in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean Susanne. I can only imagine what it is like to go through having 2 young children to look after and having to work all week. I hope it gets better for you so you can cope better. I'll keep you in my prayers. Sorry I didn't call this week but I'm not doing so hot either - I seem to be going down hill again. I see my Rheumy on the 29th so hopefully will get some answers as to what is going on with me then. You have Carol Langford as your Rheumy right?

In a beautiful, quiet trailerpark, surburban Vancouver, Canada
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would it help a little to think nature is soon awakening? Flowers in colour, no sweaters and ice milk!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast