User Tag List

Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Paleo auto-immunity diet (The Autoimmune Protocol)?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    I did whole30 last may. It was not a pleasant experience for me-im sure you can see its tough to stay on. My dissapointment was that i actually felt alot worse expecially after the first full week. And i wasnt starving myself either. It just didn't sit well with me for some reason. BUT- i know it can help some people have more energy n feel better overall. Best wishes that you will have that experience!
    Thanks for sharing. The whole reason I looked it up in the first place is that I was reading that some people didn't have the great experience that is promised by the program when they were also dealing with an auto-immune disease. From what I read, there are certain foods you should avoid that the program recommends? But, of course, I can't find any detail on the subject.

Guess I'll just have to follow it as best I can and see for myself
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    Thanks for sharing. The whole reason I looked it up in the first place is that I was reading that some people didn't have the great experience that is promised by the program when they were also dealing with an auto-immune disease. From what I read, there are certain foods you should avoid that the program recommends? But, of course, I can't find any detail on the subject.

Guess I'll just have to follow it as best I can and see for myself
    How did this work out for you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by im so blessed View Post
    How did this work out for you?
    Hi im so blessed!
    I absolutely hated the program. Lasted about a week. by day 3 or 4, I had no appetite, and felt very bloated and just gross. So, I started googling stuff, learning that they whole "cutting carbs out 100%" idea is actually called Ketosis. more or less, a state of starvation that your body goes into. Sure, you'll start dropping weight in week 3 as promised, but what happens when you start eating like a normal human again? I was interested in the program to see if i had sensitivities to certain foods. instead of following this strict diet, I just started cutting out foods every week, and reintroducing them. I've stopped most milk products, and most refined sugar. i've still had a little success with losing a few pounds, just slowly, and what i feel is more naturally. I didn't want to throw my whole body out of wack doing the whole 30. it just didn't feel good to me.
    Nicole

4. Likes im so blessed, Jaha liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could'nt agree more. It's really not sensible.Cutting things out that are good for your body just for the sake of following a program??? Doesn't make any sense to me. At the same time, I'm sure it helps some people. But any plan that makes you feel worse(especially after 2 whole weeks still) just isn't worth it. To me atleast

6. Likes Alysia, Jaha liked this post