• 1 Post By blu4runner

Thread: Thyroid issues

scottgirl21 is offline Registered Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thyroid issues

Does anyone know about tapering prednisone and finishing a Rituxan treatment I tested my thyroid and my TSH was elevated to 5.3 normal being 4.7. Has anyone heard of Rituxan or prednisone causing elevated TSH. T4 and T3 were normal. Please help!!

blu4runner is offline Registered Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been on thyroid medication- synthyroid for many years and the rituximab and prednisone have not caused any change for me. So it did not have any adverse effect in my case
    Aneinu likes this.

vdub is offline Forum Admin
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually they have a range for TSH. What is the high end of the range? If ftee t4 and t3 are ok, then probably nothing to worry about, but certainly ask a doctor. I don't have a pituitary, so my TSH is always 0. Instead, I rely on my free t4 reading exclusively... well, that and how well I feel. if you're too high or too low, you generally feel pretty crappy. As always, see what your doc says.
    Wegener's (​GPA )- dx Apr10, Granulomatous Hypophysitis - dx Apr10, Psoriatic Arthritis - dx May12, Hypoparathyroidism - dx Jul15, Subglottic Stenosis - dx Jan16, Diaphragmatic Paralysis - dx Feb16, Bradycardia - dx Dec16. (my story)
    Forum Member Map -- world map for you to put a stickpin of where you are located....